Senior Front End Developer eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Current Openings Â» Senior Front End Developer
Senior Front End Developer
Software Engineering | Santa Monica, CA
eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to people's lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
We're looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. We're the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. That's 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more than 50 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
The nation's #1 online relationship service is seeking an experienced Front-End (UI) Developer to work with our development team to develop, debug, and update high-volume consumer websites. You will have the opportunity to get involved in major site redesigns, optimization of platforms and localization of our site in new markets.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Developing functional prototypes from wireframes and mockups
- Collaborating with product managers, designers, and application engineers to refine and improve the user experience
- Partnering with peers in application engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to world class products and services
- Working with Quality Assurance to test functional product features
- Following the latest industry trends with regard to front-end technologies and techniques
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2-4 years of experience working with high-performance, high-volume, consumer-facing websites.
- Advanced understanding of AJAX frameworks, REST and JSON
- Ability to take mockups and create high-performance web pages that meet the design and technical specifications following accepted best practices for accessibility and performance
- Advanced understanding of front-end optimization techniques, both in page size and perceived rendering time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-effort, dynamic work environment
- Basic proficiency in source code management practices
- Basic knowledge of version control tools such as Subversion
- Desire to learn and use new technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience programming with jQuery, jQuery UI, Backbone, Underscore
||Software Engineering, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED