Senior Hadoop Engineer Skybox Imaging
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About Us:
Skybox Imaging (Skybox) provides easy access to reliable, frequent high-resolution imagery and HD video of the Earth by combining the power of web technologies and a constellation of microsatellites. By operating the world?s first coordinated microsatellite constellation, Skybox aims to empower commercial and government customers to make more informed, data driven decisions that will improve the profitability of companies and the welfare of societies around the world. Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009, Skybox is backed by leading venture firms and comprised of internet and aerospace professionals.
About the role:
Fascinated by Big Data? Even more fascinated by Big Space Data? We?re putting our first (of many) satellites into orbit this Fall and we?re looking Senior Hadoop Engineer to join our high-performance computing team. The ideal candidate is excited by creating scalable, fault-tolerant systems to operate on, index-into and store-efficiently terabytes of geospatial data and making it available to a truly global audience.
- Design, build, test and profile core server software
- Work with Product Managers on defining requirements; work with QA on developing thorough test plans for your software
- Provide support and documentation of your software to external and internal customers
- Contribute to the future practices and standards of the Skybox development environment
- 2+ years developing with Hadoop. Large-scale, high-volume processing strongly preferred.
- Deep experience with NoSQL (Hbase/Cassandra preferred)
- Proficiency in RDBMS technologies, experience with PostGIS, MySQL geospatial extensions or Oracle Spatial a strong plus
- Proven ability in building complex distributed systems
- experience tuning and debugging the JVM; as well as familiarity in load/performance testing
- Proficiency in Python as well as the Linux command line
- comfortable in an Agile environment and with Open Source development tool chain (Ant, Git, Jenkins, etc)
Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V Employer
Please - No recruiting agencies, and no phone calls.
Benefits and Perks:
? Flexible vacation policy.
? Fun team activities. Bring your family too!
? Catered lunch and dinner.
? Flexible work hours. Work from home Wednesdays for Software Engineers.
? Up to 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision benefits.
? Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.
||1061 Terra Bella Ave |
Mountain View, CA 94043
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED