Senior Instructional Designer Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Instructional Designer
Training | Santa Clara, CA, United States
Reporting to the Senior Director of Training Services, Instructional Designer (ID) will design and develop learning solutions includingweb/computer-based learning, instructor-led, blended instruction and virtual sessions to ensure worldwide scalability. The ID works with subject matter experts (SMEs) to obtain appropriate information while demonstrating the application of adult learning design. Personal organization and execution are essential to delivering top quality training deliverables on time and on budget. This person will be required to establish strong relationships with both sales and technical individuals.
In addition, this individual must be able to:
- Work with team members to establish a project plan that meets training goals efficiently, effectively and within timelines and budget.
- Link the needs analysis results to the learning objectives and training approaches when implementing the design plan.
- Create detailed design documentation including storyboards.
- Communicate design concepts to SMEs and other project members.
- Contribute to definition and solution by leveraging expertise via such methods as prototyping and brainstorming.
Development and Delivery Phase
- Create and maintain all training content (instructor-led training, course handouts, trainer guides, e-learning, etc.)
- Use course evaluations to determine effectiveness of training sessions and enhance training content accordingly.
- Create training content in a format that is easily translatable
- Organize the content into effective and appropriate groupings that logically flow throughout the content.
- Develop effective assessment questions, quality distracters and practice interactions that match the objectives and content of the training and that accurately test the learners' ability to meet the objectives
- Ensure that selected media actually teaches and is appropriate for the intended instructional purpose.
Education and Experience Required:
- Work closely with Sr. Director of Training, Sales Trainers and Technical Trainers, and Product Marketing to continually evolve and develop the Training and Enablement strategy for Infoblox.
- Work cross-functionally with internal subject matter experts in order to cultivate a working knowledge of Infoblox systems, products, and processes. This person will be responsible for facilitating select modules on these subjects, and ensuring this knowledge is translated into sales and technical training tools and content.
- Collaborate with HR on developing performance goals and assist with identifying training requirements linked to specific career paths.
- Proactively share/transfer knowledge within training organization as appropriate.
- Experience in building and project managing instructional design programs from scratch.
- A passion for training design and a respect for the discipline and the art of instructional design
- Superior verbal and written communication; high-energy, high-impact facilitation style.
- Has managed people and/or cross-functional work teams.
- Can manage through ambiguity and uncertainty; welcomes change. Possesses a sense of urgency, detailed oriented
Instructional Design Experience
- Be up-to-speed on latest learning technologies and approaches in the marketplace. Conduct research and collect input on the latest trends and tools being used.
- Scale our virtual learning and communication solution, so employees around the world understand and use virtual technology in a way that invites and encourages collaboration.
- Design toolkit of learning methods & solutions to choose from when considering business needs and appropriate learning solution.
- Demonstrated success as a hands-on, contributing member of a team in a performance-driven and fast-moving company
- Experience working closely with strategic business partners & to identify high/critical need areas/teams for learning solutions & interventions
Business (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS); advanced training in Instructional Design
- 6 - 8 years in instructional design
- Excellent project management skills
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services