Senior Linux Administrator HubSpot
HubSpot is seeking a can-do, forward thinking Linux Administrator. The linux administrator should be masterfully skilled in operational scripting in languages such as Python or Perl (Python preferred) and familiar with public cloud infrastructures and support (such as Amazon's AWS).
We run in multiple data-centers including both dedicated hardware and cloud environments and automate everything we can. The position will include managing large-scale, globally distributed multi-provider infrastructures. The applicant must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment where projects range from tactical deployments to strategic initiatives.
- Manage and design fault tolerant Linux backbones across geographically diverse locations.
- Install and maintain Linux servers and other applications.
- OS-level configuration tasks
- Configure system services such as FTP, SSHD, web-based applications
- Perform OS and application hardening by installing security-related patches
- Respond to network and server outages.
- Work closely with developers to design safe and secure solutions utilizing Linux.
- Build new solutions based in the cloud focused on redundancy and fault tolerance.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in system administrator/development.
- Full understand of networking and TCP/IP concepts
- Knowledge of LDAP-based directory applications.
- Past work experience with Redhat Directory Server is a plus
- Experience with multiple OSs (CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise, Ubuntu).
- Past work experience in DNS administration is a plus
- Familiarity with PKI is a plus
- Intermediate programming/scripting experience in Bash, Perl, or Python
- Intimate knowledge of Linux ie. Kernel Development, building from source, etc.
- Experience with cloud based environments is a plus
- Be part of 24x7 on-call rotation schedule
- Previous experience as a member of an IT operations team is a plus
||Cambridge, MA |