eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to people's lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
We're looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. We're the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. That's 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more than 50 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
eHarmony is seeking a strong Senior Linux Systems Administrator. Primary responsibilities include maintaining server software. You will be responsible for directly interacting with software engineering as well as non-technical teams within the company. This position requires flexibility and willingness to be on call and available 24 hours a day, including weekends on a rotating schedule.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Managing web applications, web services and Java EE applications in a very high-volume environment
- Work closely with Software Engineering team to design, build and deploy new systems
- Having first-line responsibility for isolating application-level configuration, performance and database problems
- Provisioning and configuration of new systems and applications using one of the following: Chef, Puppet, CFEngine
- Analysis and tuning of system performance for application performance
- Setting up standard operating procedures including how software is deployed, change management practices are implemented, and performance tuning is performed, etc.
- Partnering closely with the Engineering team to assist them in isolating and debugging code-related problems
The successful candidate will have:
- 5-7+ years of IT/Internet industry experience
- Extensive UNIX/Linux systems administration experience
- Strong Java EE application server experience (e.g. WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Jetty)
- Experience managing web-based applications in a large-scale Linux environment
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure. OpenStack, CloudStack, AWS, RackSpace
- Some Experience with Storage. NetApp, 3Par, EMC
- Understanding of Load Balancing technology and familiar with Netscaler or F5
Excellent troubleshooting skills
- 'Big Data' experience (e.g. Hadoop)
- Configuration management frameworks (e.g. Chef, Puppet, CFEngine)
- Strong scripting skills in a dynamic language (Ruby, perl, bash)
|Location:||Technology Operations, CA |