Senior M2M Java Architect SeeControl
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Basic Function:
Senior M2M Java Web Developer reporting to the CTO/VP of Engineering responsible for designing and developing the next generation web application and platform. This person will be responsible for converting high level, abstract requirements into detailed requirements and design for major components within the Web application as well as the implementation of those designs.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the definition, design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of the architecture, process model and data model for major components of the next generation Java platform and functional modules
- Participate in or facilitate technical reviews throughout the system design and development process
- Responsible for configuration management activities
- Anticipates and reports in a timely basis to management any issues that impact quality, functionality, schedule, or budget performance
Education or Equivalent: BS/BA in CS/CE/EE or equivalent technical education in Applied Mathematics or Physics combined with practical experience. Candidates holding advanced degrees are highly preferred.
- 8+ years of software development experience with proven experience in designing and building and maintaining a scalable, reliable web application
- Java EE 5 or 6 (6 preferred) Web Architecture and Development using JSP, JSF and JPA
- Building, deploying and supporting web applications on Linux
- Glassfish or another Java Web Application Server
- Developing in a structured environment including at least one real source code control system
- Proven track record as a Java guru
- Proficiency in the software design and development process
- Experience in total project life cycle (design through acceptance)
- Competency in software project management process
- Capable of developing accurate estimates, quotations, and risk assessments
- Competency in defining system requirements and leading the functional specification, planning, design, development, integration and acceptance for a major system or project
- Capable of defining requirements and configuration
- Experience with multi-tenant, massive scale SaaS delivery model and applications highly desired
- Ability to spend time developing at least one new breakthrough innovation per year. Examples of patents or inventions should be included in your resume or cover letter.
- Some knowledge of M2M device engineering, asset tracking software, location-based services or supply chain highly desired
The preferred candidate will also have the following experience:
- Testing suites (Selenium, JUnit, JSFUnit, etc)
- Oracle or PostgreSQL with Spatial or PostGIS experience highly desired
- Experience with Eclipse IDE
Ability to work under aggressive deadlines in an emerging company environment. If you are not prepared for a real Silicon Valley workstyle where your weekly hours may approach three digits and beyond, please do not apply.
For the right candidate, we will always ensure our offer beats other options you may be considering. We are a tight-knit team of A players with highly satisfied customers that demand the best, and compensation is commensurate with that philosophy. Please include a cover letter describing you experience developing Java Web Applications using JSP, JSF and JPA. Applications which do not include a cover letter with this detail will not be accepted. Any demonstration of your knowledge and/or views on M2M (machine-to-machine) technologies and their impact on business efficiency would be nice as well.
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED