Senior Manager, Engineering Operations Gree
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Manager, Engineering Operations
The GREE Game Studio develops AAA games for the iOS and Android platforms.Â The Studio builds games natively using the advantages of each operating system. To date, the Studioâs published titles have all been in iTunes top 10 Free-to-Play apps (both in terms of downloads and revenue).Â Our game portfolio includes:Â Crime City, Modern War, Kingdom Age, and War of Nations.Â We have many new games in production.
The Engineering Operations team at GREE is responsible for maintaining maximum uptime and performance of GREEâs free-to-play mobile games.Â Weâre looking for a strong, self-motivated Senior Manager who brings leadership and high-volume virtual infrastructure support experience.Â If you crave working with talented engineers shepherding thousands of systems that together allow GREE to deliver fun and excitement for millions of game players around the world, this position is for you!
- Lead a team of DevOps Engineers and Sysadmins ensuring smooth, 24x7x365 operation of our top-grossing mobile games on iOS and Android.
- Develop capacity plans and resource allocation models to ensure adequate performance and business continuity of game servers and supporting services.
- Effectively communicate changes in infrastructure, service outages and organizational updates to stakeholders and senior management.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, motivation and career development of team members.
Education and Experience Required:
- BS/BA in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum 8 years experience in a DevOps/Sysadmin role, with a minimum 2 years direct personnel leadership responsibilities involving the setting of staff priorities and high-level project management.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.Â Must be able to pitch and put forth well-researched project plans and road maps.
- Prior experience managing high-volume services in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
- Knowledge of Linux, MySQL, memcache, redis and PHP/Python (MongoDB a plus)
- Ability to define, implement and follow-through on service, incident and problem management best practices.
- A working knowledge of automated infrastructure provisioning and code management tools such as puppet/git
- Proficiency using infrastructure and application monitoring tools to quickly report and act on information during incidents or troubleshooting
- Willingness to work extended hours or weekends when necessary and participate in OnCall responsibilities.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT PERKS:
- Convenient access to public transportation, across from AT&T Ballpark (SOMA)
- Subsided commuter/parking support
- Macbook Pros, 27'' Monitors
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage with top providers
- Snacked-filled kitchen
- Free catered lunches and dinners
- Smartphone or Tablet reimbursement program
- Free Japanese language lessons
- Discounted gym memberships
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Self Funded All Jobs: at Gree
|Company Profile:||Our goal is to make mobile social gaming meaningful by building the best mobile social gaming ecosystem for users and developers worldwide.
GREE was ranked as Japan's fastest-growing tech company by Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in 2010, and now has a global reach of over 140 million users.
Over the past 30 years, Japanese companies have successfully pushed gaming into the mainstream, and we see the same opportunity for GREE with mobile social gaming.
GREE's US office is currently in Burlingame, CA but will be moving to San Francisco in April 2012.|
Support Gree with Social Media services