Do you find it impossible to stop coming up with epic event ideas? Have you hosted a party and thought this would be so much better if a Lightsaber duel spontaneously happened? Do you constantly search for the latest insanely cool event technology? Have you always wanted to lead the development of the largest gathering of next-generation firewall experts in the world?
We have. We do. We're looking for a Sr. Global Corporate Events Manager who can take our events team to new levels of creative audacity and masterful event execution.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to strategically plan, create and execute events, conferences, trade shows, seminars and/or corporate meetings for the Palo Alto Networks â€" including our annual user conference - Ignite.
You will manage the internal events team, as well as all all event logistics such as conducting site inspections and selection, sourcing and managing vendors, theme development and dÃ©cor, and acquiring supporting technology for projects as assigned. You will develop & maintain detailed event budgets and production schedules. Recommend and manage the creative development of communication tools and materials, such as invitations, collateral, presentations, signage and premiums. Identify all aspects of event risk assessment and crisis management planning strategies. Lead a network of internal/external consultants and suppliers, negotiate agreements with outside providers and subcontractors that ensure the lowers cost and highest quality of service. Supervise and direct subcontractors and vendors to successfully execute all aspects of the event on delivery day. Manage sponsorship negotiations as necessary. Responsible for post-event evaluations, including sponsorships, logistics, client satisfaction and ROI.
- 10-12 years of related demonstrated success in event marketing, with vendor and cross-department and partner management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated creative audacity and masterful event execution in a high technology company. Preferred experience would be prior experience working at an event agency.
- Strong Business Acumen with strong track record of progressive leadership & management experience.
- Serve as the central point of communication and coordination for events when assigned as the 'lead' meeting planner.
- Responsible for on-site events support and management and adherence to budget.
- Travel to various locations for site-inspections and events as required.
- Previous experience with integrated media, brand integration, product integration or new media marketing.
- Strong budget management, communication and problem solving skills are critical.
- Candidate must be proficient in the use of standard office computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Solid analytical, negotiation, and relationship skills are necessary.
|Location:||multiple, multiple |
|Headquarters:||2130 Gold Street|
Alviso, CA 95002