Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to peopleâs lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
Weâre looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. Weâre the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. Thatâs 271 marriages per day.*
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. In 2011 were named #23 on the list of Business Insidersâ 100 Worldâs Most Valuable Start-Ups. We have more than 33 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom, Australia andÂ Brazil and through our affiliation with eDarling, have a presence in 11 countries throughout continental Europe. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Â Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.Â
The Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics will have the unique opportunity to help build an analytics proficiency for the organization, providing support that satisfies the demands of eHarmonyâs executive leadership and in developing programs that aid eHarmonyâs numerous internal business teams. S/he will work strategically with the senior management of eHarmony and has overall responsibility for analytics, financial and budget analyses for the Marketing Services organization.
The Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics specializes in the measurement and optimization of a company's return on Marketing investments across multiple Lines of Business. The role will be responsible for developing measurement attribution methodologies to manage and measure the effectiveness of all marketing channels and pricing/conversion, reporting on and optimizing marketing channel performance and pricing/conversion effectiveness, along with driving regular updates on the marketing budget.
He/She involves the use of advanced regression analysis and other statistical techniques to quantify the return on historic Marketing activities, and utilizes optimization techniques to maximize the return on future investments. While this role is data intensive, it requires the aptitude to transform the output of the analytics team into actionable recommendations that can be supported by business cases and proven successful upon implementation.
The nature of the role will dictate the ability to perform deep analytical dives at times but is also is a position of strategic leadership. This activity will also include special projects that require research, data and financial modeling, and database knowledge.
- Development and interpretation of statistical models to quantify the incremental revenue generated by marketing activities. This process requires the use of advanced time series regression analysis in a marketing-mix modeling context, which involves the following key tasks:
oÂ Â Data collection, Harmonization and validation
oÂ Â Time-series regression models and other statistical analysis
oÂ Â Derivation of marketing sensitivity curves
oÂ Â Optimization of Marketing-mix allocation
- Channel Analytics: Provide regular reporting and insights on channel performance. Develop innovative approaches to channel analytics that take into account different ways to attribute transactions across channels. This includes managing development of marketing efficiency regression models
- Channel Performance & optimization: Provide regular updates on channel performance and recommendations on how to optimize the marketing spend across channels.
- Develop and present investment cases of where to increase/decrease spend to senior management
- Coordinate expected impacts with lines of business and finance, and provide regular ongoing updates of performance
- Serve as liaison between lines of business and marketing group on questions/issues around marketing performance and its impact on business/transactional trends
- Monitor and provide regular updates on competitive traffic trends. Investigate and educate senior management on emerging trends.
- Â Partner with leaders from other Analytics and data management disciplines to generate a holistic view of online businesses
- Assist in primary research for consumer insight in order to identify improvement opportunities that are aligned with the strategic objectives
- Lead the construction of business cases to support internal and external proposals
- Degree in marketing, statistics, mathematics, or economics: MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of finance/analytical experience with at least 3 years experience specifically in the area of marketing analytics and evaluating marketing channels.
- Experience on analytic projects in the following areas:
oÂ Â Applied Statistics/Econometrics
oÂ Â Statistical Programming
oÂ Â Database Marketing Management & Operations
oÂ Â Marketing Intelligence & Competitive Analysis
oÂ Â 3 years of dot com experience and retail knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in developing channel attribution models for large advertisers is strongly desired
- Excellent excel modeling skills required across all types of modeling including NPV, channel effectiveness, what if scenarios, payback, net margin impact, and more
- Direct experience in reporting on marketing channel effectiveness across multiple direct and offline channels.
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and project management skills.
- Knowledge of software and statistical applications (SAS, Coremetrics, Omniture, Access, Visio)
- Possession of excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of integrated marketing and CRM disciplines (including primary research, customer segmentation, targeting, direct marketing)
- Proven experience in translating analytical findings into actionable plans
- Extensive experience managing, mentoring and leading a team
||Santa Monica, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED