Senior Manager - Technical Accounting & Policy Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the Technical Accounting & Policy leader, you would report to the corporate Controller and will be responsible for global accounting policy and technical accounting. The position offers a lot of exposure with opportunities to influence near term transactions as well as the long term direction of the company. In this role, you will play an active role advising the global business development teams on complex transactions from an accounting perspective. Further, you will be partnering with various leaders to ensure that our policies consider the strategic direction of the company. You will also collaborate with the operational accounting team to ensure that our processes reflect the our policies. This role requires you to be an expert in accounting literature and US GAAP while playing an active role as a thought leader and advisor to a broad array of internal stakeholders on a diverse set of topics.
The Technical Accounting & Policy leader will perform all or some of the following Job description:
- Responsible for the resolution of accounting and policy issues;
- Technical Accounting support (white paper) for new product initiatives (software/ SAAS/ hosted solution/ referral arrangements/ revenue sharing etc.) and coordination with cross functional teams to operationalize it
- Provide cross-functional accounting support; perform accounting and policy training for the global finance team
- Collaborate with our external auditors on the evolution of our accounting policies
- Manage the resolution of complex accounting issues by preparing accounting transaction memos detailing significant transactions
- Identifying accounting issues and providing guidance to the worldwide accounting teams; implement and monitor financial accounting policies.
- Monitor standard setter activity and implement emerging accounting pronouncements
- Reviewing proposed standards and drafting summaries for management
- Leading implementation efforts for new accounting standards
- Providing accounting due diligence and integration support for M&A, as needed
- Maintaining the Accounting Policy Manual and ensuring consistency of application worldwide
- Assist with annual impairment test of goodwill and quarterly triggering events assessment for goodwill and other intangible assets
- Assist with SEC filings and reviewing supporting documents including Cash flow statement, Stock Based Compensation, EPS calculations etc.
- Assisting internal audit group with Sox implementation
- Lead special projects and partner with senior leaders on strategic initiatives
Minimum Requirements / Knowledge / Skill For Technical Accounting & Policy Manager Job
- A bachelor's degree or higher in accounting/finance with a CPA designation
- Achieved at least Manager level at a larger public accounting firm plus industry experience or recent experience at the senior manager level at a public accounting firm
- Experience with Software Revenue Recognition and SAAS and multiple element accounting
- Strong experience in preparing/reviewing of SEC documents;
- Experience with purchase accounting preferred; ability to self-motivate and function independently;
- High level of attention to detail and aptitude for planning/managing deadlines;
- Ability to work with teams around the world, and have excellent presentation and communication experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, problem-solving and project management skills
- Interest in learning about a software business and a desire to use deep accounting insight to drive the direction of the business
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services