About Tesla Motors:
Tesla Motors is an aggressive young company in the San Francisco Bay Area. We design and manufacture the advanced electric vehicles, battery packs, and drive systems that are changing the future of transportation. We are building technically strong, fast-moving teams that pride themselves on superior execution.
Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering
Job Title and Summary:
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Tesla is seeking a highly motivated engineer to create manufacturing equipment and processes for our cutting edge Battery Packs. Battery development is at the heart of our company and we are beginning to apply our advanced Battery technology to stationary storage applications. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to building a world class manufacturing facility right here in the Bay Area. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of an incredibly exciting product.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In addition to developing manufacturing equipment and processes, Manufacturing Engineers work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire product lifecycle. You will work closely with Design Engineering, Quality and Production to take Pack design changes and new Pack designs from initial concept through prototype development and into full production.
Equipment Development and Implementation
- Design of manufacturing equipment and fixtures
- Collaboration with small teams on in-house development of novel and complex manufacturing equipment
- Specification development for manufacturing equipment
- Close collaboration with external equipment suppliers on equipment design
- Management of external equipment suppliers from equipment development through buyoff
- Validation and characterization of new equipment and fixtures for introduction to the production floor
Process Development and Implementation
- Development of new manufacturing processes
- Creation of detailed Manufacturing Instructions to define new processes and document new equipment operation
- Training of technicians and line operators on manufacturing processes
- Specification of hand tools for manual assembly tasks
- Design of production workstations for ergonomics and efficiency
- Performance of process analysis, DOE, PFMEA, line balancing and capacity modeling
- Deployment of statistical control for key processes
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. He/She looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
Skills and Experience:
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|