Senior Mechanical Technician Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for the repair and maintenance of Product Finishing automated equipment and systems.
1. Provide technical support and expertise for the procurement of all Product Finishing process machinery as required. This includes providing input to specifications, design, assembly, and testing for serviceability and maintainability.
2. Manage and review the maintenance of all Product Finishing systems and equipment, ensuring their efficient and reliable operation. This includes functioning as primary production line maintenance staff, working with the MSAT Engineering department and Product Finishing Management to manage the preventive maintenance (PM) schedule.
3. Manage all equipment and system operations and maintenance documentation and software, ensuring it is accurate and up-to-date.
4. Assist with operator training development and delivery for all product finishing equipment.
5. Make recommendations for equipment changes and modifications as needed, ensuring that equipment is operable at all times.
6. Take lead role in maintaining the spare parts inventory for process equipment.
7. Responsible for training and assisting in the development of less experienced Mechanical Technicians.
8. Work closely with Facilities maintenance, MSAT Engineering and Product Finishing to ensure open communication, prioritization, and coordination of repair and maintenance work.
9. Act as a liaison with all Product Finishing departments to meet their needs and provide superior customer service when addressing needs, situations and requests.
10. Perform work in accordance with practices, priorities and assignments as requested from Product Finishing management.
11. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Must be flexible to changing production needs and must be willing to adjust work schedule as required to meet departmental and company production objectives.
2. Some experience managing the specification, procurement, installation, and qualification for individual equipment projects.
3. High School education or equivalent.
4. Minimum 5 years experience in automated dispensing and/or packaging equipment maintenance and/or design/build.
5. Proven ability in troubleshooting and problem solving with automated equipment, including some experience troubleshooting programmable logic controller (PLC) programs.
1. Associate degree in a technical discipline, or
2. At least 10 years of post-high school experience performing mechanical and/or electronic maintenance tasks on automated process equipment.
3. Experience working with laboratory equipment in a laboratory type environment.
4. Experience with process systems and components, including PLC programming.
5. Independent self starter with positive attitude and above average organizational skills.
6. Experience in an ISO, FDA GMP, or USDA regulated environment.
1. Ability to occasionally move objects up to 100 pounds up to one hour per day.
2. Ability to work in areas of limited space and varying environmental temperatures.
3. Ability to observe and inspect equipment and operations for proper operation and compliance to safety and housekeeping standards.
4. Ability to work in a production environment around automated equipment.
5. Ability to work in an office environment utilizing a computer workstation.
6. Ability to work in a lab environment with chemical and biological materials.
7. Ability to travel by car or airplane, for one or several days, to suppliers, equipment vendors, etc.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED