Senior Mobile Client Application Engineer (BREW, J2ME) FusionOne
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of mobile client applications for the internet and telecommunications industries, and be focused on delivering high quality mobile applications for mobile environments such as BREW, Symbian, Windows Mobile, and LiMo.
The candidate should be able to work with market and product requirements, write functional, high and low level design specifications, implement and deliver quality product solutions in a timely manner to meet market needs with little direct supervision. The candidate must be able to provide technical leadership and demonstrate expertise in specific field or breadth of expertise in multiple fields. Candidate should also be able to work with QA and operations engineers to review and advice on end-to-end and system/module level test plans.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Follow software development life cycle and development processes.
- Design and implement the complete solution that solves the problem in specific and construct generically where applicable.
- Fully integrate the solution into the complete system without affecting existing functionality.
- Identify and resolve all inter-product dependency requirements and issues with other product groups.
- Interact with product managers as necessary to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Work in geographically distributed team environment.
- Document the design in terms of functional and design level specifications based on product requirements.
- Implement code with high quality.
- Write effective programs and tools for unit, integration and performance testing.
- Write and review unit test specifications.
- Implement end-to-end scripting work necessary to incorporate the change into the system.
- Write all documentation as necessary to support QA and operations to test the new feature/design.
- Support QA, operations and tech pubs and deployment as and when necessary.
- Work independently and make effective use of his/her time and be able to handle and manage multiple tasks list with minimal supervision.
- Take the initiative to do any coordination with other team members as necessary for the assigned task to ensure the project is not blocked across the entire team.
- Identify ideas for which intellectual property rights can be obtained.
- Skilled at learning new technologies and translating that learning into successful implementations.
- Able to learn and work with existing code.
- Do peer and group code reviews.
- Do design and document reviews.
- Willingness to adjust priorities based on company need and function effective in team setting.
- Be detail oriented and self disciplined worker.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- 4+ years of hands-on software industry experience in design and development of consumer mobile applications.
- 4+ years of demonstrated proficiency in Java-based environments with strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
- Hands-on programming experience on embedded or one or more of the following mobile application platforms: BREW, Symbian, Windows Mobile, LiMo.
- Proven track record of being involved with software product development from conception to commercial deployment.
- Strong software development experience on Windows or UNIX platforms and related IDEs such as Eclipse, Visual Studio and CMS such as CVS, Subversion or Perforce.
- Understanding of Wireless and standard Internet technologies, protocols and standards like SyncML, XML, Web services APIs.
- Detail oriented and methodical engineer with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ambitious self-starter with get-it-done attitude who strives for results and performs well under pressure.
- Track record of developing and maintaining shipped products.
- B.S./M.S., C.S. or related academic discipline.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Solid understanding of developing applications such as messaging, content synchronization , address book and social networking.
- Good understanding of mobile client technologies and platforms.
- 6+ years of demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ based environments with strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
||One Almaden Boulevard |
San Jose, CA 95113
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED