Position Title: Senior Mobile Software Engineer - Android
Position Summary: Epocrates is looking for an experienced Mobile Software Engineer who will help to spearhead all of the product development activities on the most popular mobile platforms (iOS, Android). As an Epocrates Senior Engineer, you will lead and participate in the design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. Your role is to design innovative solutions to real problems a Medical professional faces in their daily work flow. You will work closely with product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones.
Experience: 7+ years software engineering experience, with at least 2 years of mobile application development for Android. Experience with distributed architecture and SOA is a big plus. Experience with Agile software development and scrum process is desirable.
Education: BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- An ability to identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements
- Lead the review process for software architecture documents
- Comply with all applicable product development processes.
- Perform detailed software design as well as implements and/or maintains code according to duties and responsibilities.
- Must excel at both working independently as well an in a team setting.
- Ability to keep their knowledge up-to-date with various technological advances.
- Excellent communicator, able to explain his work in layman's terms to clients and colleagues who are not information technology professionals.
- 2-3 years developing commercial grade applications for the Android.
- Solid, grounded, principles in OO Design approaches. Expertise in C/C++/Objective-C.
- Software life cycle experience and tools that include Bug Tracking and SCM
- Experience of performance and platform limitations (e.g. memory) on mobile devices and the techniques to work past them, and use of Design patterns,
Additional desirable Qualifications/Experience:
- Experience of mobile applications that interface with enterprise-level back ends.
- Experience building mobile applications which use wireless networking protocols to provide information and functionality to users.
- Experience of working the SCRUM/Agile programming teams and using test-driven development
Special Requirements / Conditions:
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States.
Epocrates, Inc. (NASDAQ: EPOC), developers of the #1 most used mobile medical app among U.S. physicians, creates point-of-care digital solutions that enhance the practice of medicine. More than 1.3 million healthcare professionals, including 50 percent of U.S. physicians, use Epocrates' solutions to help improve patient care and practice efficiencies with its drug reference, educational and clinical apps.
|Location:||multiple, multiple |
|Headquarters:||1100 Park Place|
San Mateo, CA 94403