Senior Operations Engineer - NOC, Day Shift Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Workday is seeking an Operations Engineer focused on system administration, monitoring, and incident management. The ideal candidate will have experience troubleshooting and resolving complex system related issues in a customer facing environment.Â Experience with a SaaS multi-tenant cloud environment is also helpful.Â The candidate will be part of a team within Operations that drives incident response and restoration across a number of mission critical services. The candidate will join a high energy company and a team of very dedicated individuals.Â
This role is targeted to be a swing shift position (8 AM PST to 6 PM PST).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring key aspects of critical Workday systems via tools and performing proactive health checks for incident detection.
- Triaging, managing and resolving or escalating incidents related to real time availability/performance of servers, network devices, and applications that underpin Workday's key services.
- Ensuring the highest levels of service availability (up-time) by being the technical subject matter expert (hands on the keyboard) during the most complex incidents/outages related to Workday's online services.
- Driving service related activities through standard processes (i.e. change management, incident management).
- Perform System Administration activities in a Linux environment (account creation, system backup, etc.)
- Working with other teams in Operations to continually improve/mature our processes and tools.
- Working with Ops center personnel, service owners, product groups, development teams, engineering, vendors, and others to improve key operational metrics (Quality, Customer Sat, etc.).
- Documenting troubleshooting guides and recovery procedures for service impacting incidents that can be used by Network Operations Center (NOC) resources.
Required basic qualifications:
- 5 or more years experience in an operations organization.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- B.S. degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with formal Change, Incident and Release Management processes a plus.
- Ability to perform in high-stress, crisis situations.
Technical expertise required:
- Operating Systems (Linux)
- Databases (MySQL, Oracle)
- Web/Application Servers (Apache, Tomcat)
- Network appliances (firewalls, load balancers, proxy/cache servers)
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Internet software platforms (web servers, application servers)
- Experience supporting Software as a Service platform is a plus.
- Experience with Bladelogic or other automation tool is a plus.
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services