Senior Parts/Inventory Analyst
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
The Senior Parts Analyst will report to the Warehouse Manager and will be responsible for maintaining material disposition as part of the Materials Management operation. The position will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the picking, packing and shipping of materials required for to support European Service Locations, individual vehicle parts requests and maintenance of material stock levels at the central European hub. This role includes responsibility for the effective control of incoming, outgoing and internally held materials. The role will need to coordinate with the Quality and Purchasing teams to facilitate the timely disposal of obsolete and rejected components, maintain the system stock position and accuracy. The person will be required to co-ordinate cycle stock counts and generate the required authorization for adjustment to ensure system stock accuracy. It is expected that this role will work in conjunction with warehouse personnel, coordinating daily picks and overviewing incoming and outgoing logistics.
New Warehouse IT Control System
- Understand and initialize the localized set up of the new warehouse control system, including liaison with IT and material control development teams in the US.
- Work closely with the Warehouse Manager in Tilburg to ensure that the new IT system is fully integrated, stock levels are correct on input into the new system, supporting infrastructure is correctly installed and operating effectively.
- Act as main user / trainer of the new IT solution, providing support to all other users, including initial set up knowledge share and ongoing user support.
New Model Component Service Stock Introduction
- Liaise with the US team to understand initial stock level requirements for the introduction of Model S into Europe.
- Understand high useage components, ensure an appropriate initial supply of these parts, and arrange ongoing support.
- Review and understand any specific preparations for stillages / packaging for new components, including re-useable, returnable or non-recyclable.
- Ensure all new components are designated appropriate storage space, based on predicted throughput of stock, and where possible position stock based on level of turnover.
- Understand, or if required, design a process for ensuring design changes, nonconforming stock
Component Consumption Reporting / Forward Planning Requirements
- Generate detailed understanding of material consumption rate, correlated to current stock levels on hand and lead times from Fremont main stores, or known supplier leadtimes. Ensure the timely reporting of low stocks levels, re-ordering of stock parts within the known leadtimes.
- Maintain an overview of all shipments leaving the warehouse, to ensure all are correctly identified, addressed and packaged
- Ensure system stock accuracy by vigilant maintenance.
- Identify and order parts via Tesla Service Purchasing department, to maintain a manageable stock level of spare parts at all times. Monitor status of parts requests, and maintain communication/liaise with Purchasing and Service Centres on back order part requests.
- Carry out cycle counting of material to ensure inventory integrity.
- Define schedule of counts, based on value, quantity and previous count results.
- Investigate significant variances to stock.
- Prepare formal variance reports and communicate for physical adjustment
- Co-ordinate resources required and organize formalized stock take processes at Tilburg, as required from Tesla corporate finance.
- Act as absence cover for the Warehouse Manager as required.
- Operate in a safe, considerate and professional manner at all times.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in warehousing or material handling.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
- Strong administration and communication skills.
- Knowledge of SAP is essential.
- Candidate must be physically fit, due to lifting and carrying that will be required day to day
- Must be prepared to travel occasionally between sites due to the geographical nature of our operations.
- Must be capable of operating in a high pressure environment
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.