Senior Payroll Specialist Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Title: Senior Payroll Specialist
Reporting to: Senior Payroll Manager
The Senior Payroll Specialist is responsible for administering the US and Canadian payroll for approximately 500 employees across the USA and Canada with approximately 15 states and 4 provinces. This is a full-cycle payroll role utilizing the ADP as the payroll provider.
- Process Semi-monthly payroll for US and Canada within established timeframes.
- Processes interim payroll and tax calculations as needed
- Verify the accuracy of payroll data prior to management approval
- Process New Hires, Terms and Transfers within the company
- Process regular pay, commission, bonuses, gross up payment, stock compensation, payroll taxes, 401K, medical, garnishments and other deductions.
- Ensure payroll is processed according to State and Federal legislation
- Work independently and as part of a team to prioritize, multi-task and manage projects
- Manage the payroll email box and respond to employees in a timely manner.
- Assist employees with payroll and tax questions
- Comply with internal controls and documentation for SOX compliance.
- Work with internal and external auditors on payroll audits
- Special projects as needed
- 5 - 7 years of experience in the field or related field
- Undergraduate degree in Business or equivalent preferred
- Prior work experience in a public company preferred
- Knowledge of ADP systems required (preferably WorkForce Now (Pay eXpert) and Pay@Work )
- Knowledge of payroll tax laws in most states and Canada
- Knowledge of US benefit, cafeteria plan 125 and FSA
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel
- Strong team player be able to collaborate effectively with the payroll team and all internal stakeholders
- Experience with: Stock options, Disqualified Disposition's and Restricted Stock Units
- Experience with expatriate compensation and benefits preferred
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage and maintain confidential information
Guidewire Software is a leading provider of flexible core systems that enable property/casualty insurers to deliver insurance the way they want to. Guidewire builds high quality software that consistently works as promised. Designed for maximum flexibility and scalability, Guidewire solutions give carriers the capability to deliver excellent service to policyholders and agents and increase market share â€" while lowering operating costs. The Guidewire Insurance Suiteâ"¢, consisting of Guidewire PolicyCenterÂ®, Guidewire BillingCenterÂ®, and Guidewire ClaimCenterÂ®, spans the entire insurance lifecycle â€" underwriting, policy administration, billing, and claims management. Guidewire is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services