Senior Predictive Modeler / Analytics Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire is searching for a Senior Predictive Modeler to join our team to help us build leading edge actionable solutions that help our insurance clients in a variety of disciplines such as claims, underwriting, internal processes, retention, and channel effectiveness. The solutions you will be helping to build are part of our cloud based Live product offering which is integrated to our customers through their core Guidewire applications; PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter and BillingCenter.
- Establish and develop predictive scoring modules that leverage internal and external data related to the insurance industry
- Build statistical approaches focused on improving processes, quality, and outcomes including approaches to optimization and standard validation
- Manage the entire model development life cycle including build/test/validation processes as well as collaboration with revenue generating teams to implement the model and related strategy
- Perform post-implementation model assessments and regular model validation and enhancement activities
- Participate in evaluations of potential partners that will provide supplemental data and models which we will incorporate in to our core analytic solutions
- Collaborate with internal business development team to identify high value opportunities suited for analytics solutions
- Collaborate with sales team to address critical client concerns regarding effectiveness, analysis, and business integration strategy
- Translate and clearly communicate sophisticated analytical information into client friendly recommendations and directions for varying internal and external audiences
- Some travel will be required for project kickoffs and occasional client visits
What We're Looking For
As a company developing innovative and ground-breaking solutions for our clients, we recognize that candidates from distinct backgrounds may be a good potential fit. Our ideal candidates possess a combination of professional work experience in analytics.
- 10+ years of analytics experience, ideally in a role developing analytic solutions for P&C insurance industry
- Advanced degree or equivalent in statistics, mathematics, economics or an applied science
- Successful track record collaborating with data managers, software developers and other stakeholders
- Deep understanding of a variety of predictive analytics methodologies and how and when to apply a particular method or methods to solve a problem
- A pragmatic attitude to modeling emphasizing completeness, consistency and stability of models
- Excellent diagnostic skills to analyze and identify discrepancies within sophisticated models and effectively give guidance to troubleshoot.
- Advanced proficiency with analytic software tools such as R, SAS, SPLUS, Eviews and a good understanding of the statistical algorithms typically used in business applications
- Strong work ethic with the ability to adapt to the situation, be flexible and nimble in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services