Senior Product Manager â Analytics â Exton, PA Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Product managers at Guidewire assume a wide range of responsibilities. You should have experience in driving requirements for enterprise software applications, a high degree of comfort with technology, and exceptional analytical and communications skills. You should also be comfortable both engaging in product design discussions with developers and presenting to prospective customers. Our product managers are the glue that hold together our minimally-supervised teams; you will be at the center of our product development effort.
As a product manager at Guidewire your responsibilities will include:
- Driving requirement gathering by engaging with our customers
- Prioritizing feature work and coordinating with other Guidewire teams
- Leading the development team to deliver high-quality and innovative features including defining detailed requirements, working closely with developers through designs, making many strategic and tactical decisions such as when working through corner-cases identified by customers or application teams
- Being the expert who can help customers, QA, support, sales, and other groups with questions about your feature areas.
- Providing expertise and insight to the Marketing and Sales organizations, including presenting directly to customers (there is a separate Product Marketing function that is directly responsible for messaging and collateral)
- Analytics / BI product management experience
- Enterprise software experience
- Prefer prior hands-on experience with Agile Development
- Technical capacity. You should feel comfortable with XML, be able to understand scripting languages, and be able to communicate with the engineering team on both strategic and tactical technical decisions. Programming experience is not required, but is strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university, preferably in Computer Science or a related field. MBA would be a plus.
- Ability to translate high level requirements into detailed product specifications
- Ability to manage complex initiatives with limited supervision
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented environment
- A real passion for detailed feature design and problem solving
Guidewire Software is a privately held and venture capital backed enterprise software product development company, focused on servicing the $1.5 trillion property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Mercury Insurance, Zurich and AXA to efficiently run their high volume, complex and mission-critical insurance operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
We are the #1 provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry.
Our success can be directly attributed to our bright and talented employees who make it all happen. So if you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that has its sights set on grabbing significant market share in a $1.5 trillion industry, then Guidewire is the place for you.
If working in a fast-moving, low-bureaucracy environment sounds good to you, if you'd like to work with a team of brilliant engineers (almost all have degrees from top-tier schools such as Stanford, Harvard, or MIT), and you would enjoy being part of a financially strong and growing startup, then please contact us.
PLEASE NOTE: We will be unable to provide relocation assistance for this position. We are only able to hire candidates who have the legal right to work in the United States. Principals only
||United States, PA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services