Senior Product Manager (Cloud & APIs) - San Francisco MuleSoft
Senior Product Manager, Enterprise and Cloud Strategy and APIs
The MuleSoft Products team is looking for talented individuals with a passion for driving new products and product capabilities from initial concept to successful delivery and market adoption. The ideal candidate has a business-orientation, can identify the qualities of great products and has a proven track record of defining and executing a strategic plan for a successful software/cloud-based product or service. You also must be passionate about becoming an expert in the application and data integration space while also following trends and spotting opportunities in adjacent markets including big data, social enterprise, cloud platforms, and enterprise software.
MuleSoft has a growing portfolio of successful products that you would contribute to. We are seeking Senior Product Managers that will own a product segment in one or more of the areas of Cloud PaaS, APIs, SOA, SaaS integration solutions, or enterprise integration solutions.
The primary responsibility of this unique role is to expand existing as well as seek new market opportunities that leverage MuleSoft's distinctive competence and develop the product strategy and business plan to enter and win the market. The focus will be across either enterprise integration solutions or cloud/saas integration solutions.
- Identify compelling market opportunities, and creates a product strategy to exploit the opportunity
- Meet with customers, users, prospects, partners, and industry analysts to communicate MuleSoft's vision of the market, product roadmap, and competitive differentiation
- Function as a primary SME (subject matter expert) on the product and its target market. Understand competitive landscape from strategy to functional capabilities
- Identify customer and prospect problems that represent significant market opportunities and that are addressable by MuleSoft
- Evaluate pricing and packaging alternatives to maximize product revenue
- Collaborate with marketing to develop a go to market plan and generate outbound messaging, sales training, and product collateral
- Represent MuleSoft as a domain and product expert at user groups, webinars, customer summits, industry and corporate events
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- MRDs detailing market opportunities and associated product strategy
- Up to date competitive market landscape and product analysis
- Multi-release roadmaps that communicate to the business and customer a product direction and strategy
- Product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Product collateral and sales tools such as articles, data sheets, white papers, blogs, how-to videos, demos, etc.
With an exceptionally fast cycle of development, a truly entrepreneurial culture with 100% ownership of your product, and an overall creative and forward-thinking mindset, this should be the dream job of any Product Manager. Your opportunity is to very quickly impact and become an industry leader in a huge, $500 billion dollar market.
- Business driven with a passion for technology - You crave uncovering new revenue opportunities and developing strategies to increase the market presence of your products
- High energy and drive â€" product managers are crucial leaders and decision makers in the company and need the energy and passion to be on top of their game
- Ability to recognize and communicate customer acquisition opportunities and related revenue opportunities, not just a technical solution
- Fast learner that can quickly synthesize ideas, information, and options into a strategy, plan, or response and effectively communicate it
- Innovative and creative problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a business environment, along with a proven ability to prioritize, organize and deliver on commitments
- Exceptional attention to detail
- MBA degree is preferred with previous technical product / marketing experience or a background in a technical discipline
- Benefits package includes health care, dental, vision; life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, sick leave, and 401k.
MuleSoft is solving the largest and most important problem in IT: integration. Companies spend $500 billion dollars every year writing custom integration code to make systems work together - a problem that's only increasing with the cloud. We built the world's most widely used integration platform, which connects applications, databases and organizations as easily as Facebook connects people. Our technology is a key enabler of today's most important movements: cloud, social, mobile and the enterprise.
MuleSoft is an explosive-growth, well-funded, early stage company on a mission to fix integration. We have big name customers like BMW, Wal-Mart, Nokia and over 3,000 companies and 100,000 developers use our products.Our goal is to build a great company filled with exceptional people who challenge and admire each other. Are you looking for a fast-paced environment with a huge market opportunity and unlimited growth potential? If you want to have a big impact on our success, love working in high performing teams, and have the track record to prove it, we want to meet you!
To all recruitment agencies: MuleSoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MuleSoft employees or any other company location. MuleSoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
Investors: Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
, Lightspeed Venture Partners
, Morgenthaler All Jobs: at MuleSoft
|Headquarters:||30 Maiden Lane|
San Francisco, CA 94108
|Company Profile:||MuleSoft is an explosive growth, well-funded software startup. Our award-winning products have been downloaded over 1.5 million times, and more than 2,500 organizations are using them in production, including big-dog companies like Walmart.com, Nestle, Honeywell, DHL, as well as 5 of the world's top 10 banks. In 2009 we grew revenues 152 and quadrupled our product offering.
We are laser-focused on making life easier for developers and IT. Our products are built on Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat, open source projects that are being downloaded and used by millions of people worldwide. Today's developers are looking for simplicity and freedom from the bloated legacy Java "stacks" that were built over a decade ago. They need middleware that embraces today's web-centric approaches, including dynamic languages, mobile, and the cloud. This new lightweight approach is fundamentally changing the industry, and we are leading that movement -- we call it Web Middleware.
At MuleSoft, our singular mission is to build a great company with a brilliant team of colleagues. If you think you can make a huge difference and are ready to show us, we want to meet you.|
Support MuleSoft with Social Media services