Senior Product Manager, Consumer UX Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Product Manager, Consumer UX
Trulia gives home buyers, sellers, owners and renters the inside scoop on properties, places and real estate professionals. Trulia has unique info on the areas people want to live in that can't be found anywhere else: consumers can learn about agents, neighborhoods, schools, and crime and even ask the local community questions. Real estate professionals use Trulia to connect with millions of transaction-ready buyers and sellers each month via our hyper-local advertising services, social recommendations and top-rated mobile apps.
Trulia is built on an employee-centric, values driven culture -we enjoy one another and have been recognized as a 'Best Place to Work' in San Francisco Bay Area and Denver.
Trulia was founded in 2005 and is backed by Accel Partners and Sequoia Capital.
Senior Product Manager, Consumer UX
Trulia is looking for a talented Senior Product Manager to drive new feature development and audience growth for Trulia's consumer user experience and industry-leading web and mobile products. In this role, you will influence how millions of home buyers, sellers, owners and renters find the best place to live, and in some cases, make one of the biggest decisions of their life. The ideal candidate will be passionate about delighting our users, and will be a tireless advocate for their needs.
Your responsibilities will include helping define, champion and execute a cross-functional roadmap to ensure that Trulia continues to offer the best user experience in the online real estate sector. You will get inside of the head of the consumer to come up with creative product ideas that will help Trulia's users get the inside scoop on which home is right for them. You will constantly ask yourself how to make Trulia's product better. You will be the cross-functional leader for driving such initiatives through to completion. As part of your job, you will gather input from and develop consensus with other Trulia product managers and external industry partners. You will clearly articulate use cases that will be solved with your ideas, and deliver product launches in a rapid, agile innovation environment. You will work with world-class engineers, designers, and marketers to execute on the vision that you articulate.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of working on large scale consumer web and/or mobile applications, familiarity with customer development and agile development processes, a deep metrics-driven obsession with achievement, acute attention to detail, strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent team skills to ship and iterate new products quickly, and a passion for creating differentiated products and elegant but effective user experiences. Experience with the technical complexities of managing large data sets and processing, and/or managing consumer search products are a plus.
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative company at a time of amazing growth and have an impact on the single-largest sector of the US economy. You'll work with a team of fun, passionate people to help our users make smarter decisions about buying, renting, owning and selling homes.
- Own specific web and/or mobile product functionality and drive impactful audience growth initiatives.
- Coordinate and deliver cross functional initiatives, assist in outreach to third party data providers, partner with other internal teams, and drive projects through to completion on the web and mobile. Lead related consumer team projects as necessary.
- Measure and own customer satisfaction metrics related to key consumer usage and UX.
- Be a passionate advocate for the consumer by understanding consumer motivations and articulating user needs effectively throughout a product development organization.
- Optimize key performance indicators for the site through analysis, measurement, and testing.
- Create product requirements that define specifications and tasks needed to implement new features.
- Coordinate rapid, smooth, and successful product launches in close collaboration with Engineering, Marketing, User Experience Design, Business Development, Quality Assurance, and other teams.
Why should you work with Trulia?
- 4+ years experience with successful online consumer product launches within fast-paced, agile environments for web and/or mobile applications.
- Passion for great product and user experiences that delight consumers and drive viral word-of-mouth evangelism.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcomes and metric-driven results.
- Prior experience with managing entire product development lifecycle from conception to launch and iteration.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Familiarity with testing methodologies and techniques for high-traffic consumer Internet businesses.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Confidence to interact with team members across all departments and levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with MySQL, Omniture, Hitwise, or similar tools to access and manipulate data for analysis.
- BA/BS degree required. MBA or equivalent graduate degree a plus. CS degree or past software engineering background a plus.
- Our product managers and engineers are passionate and smart. We have a lot of leeway on how we do our work, and take that responsibility seriously.
- We're not afraid to try things that may not work.
- We are serious about agile development practices, and use them to work more efficiently and effectively.
- We work out of a gorgeous office in an unbeatable location in downtown San Francisco; one block from BART/Muni.
- We've got a stocked kitchen, and a kegerator.
- We're growing like crazy and are attacking a massive $22 billion opportunity.
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED