Senior Product Manager â Enterprise SaaS Applications Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Product managers at Guidewire assume a wide range of responsibilities. You should have experience in gathering requirements for enterprise SaaS applications, a high degree of comfort with technology, and exceptional analytical and communications skills. You should also be comfortable both engaging in product design discussions with developers and working closely with customers to incorporate feedback into the applications. Our product managers are the glue that hold together our minimally-supervised teams; you will be at the center of our product development effort.
As a product manager at Guidewire your responsibilities will include:
- Gathering requirements from our customers
- Delivering rapid prototypes and turning promising prototypes into productized applications
- Defining detailed requirements, working closely with UX designer and developers through designs, making tactical decisions to come up with innovative applications for complex problems
- Prioritizing feature work and coordinating with other Guidewire teams
- Being the expert who can help customers, QA, support, sales, and other groups with questions about your feature areas
- Providing expertise and selling tools for the Marketing and Sales organizations, including presenting directly to customers (there is a separate Product Marketing function that is directly responsible for messaging and collateral)
- Enterprise SaaS experience, preferably in a product management role
- 5+ years of product management in an enterprise software environment
- Previous experience with the insurance industry or analytics desired, but not required
- Ability to assimilate customer requirements, design appropriate solutions and translate requirements into detailed product specifications
- Ability to manage complex initiatives with limited supervision
- Ability to excel in a fast pace team-oriented environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Prefer prior hands-on experience with Agile Development
- Technical capacity. You should be able to communicate with the engineering team on tactical technical decisions. Programming experience is not required, but is strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university, preferably in Computer Science or a related field
- A real passion for detailed feature design and problem solving
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services