Senior Product Manager PCH International
San Francisco, USA
To develop a strategic plan and vision for Software Development within PCH. This individual will position PCH as a leader in cloud based supply chain software by working with clients and key stakeholders to design solutions that enable their business success.
- An obsessive passion and proved track record for creating beautiful, simple, user centric, cloud and mobile software solutions.
- Overall accountability from cradle to grave for the some of the key PCH software products. Responsible for defining product strategy and market right and customer right mobile, cloud based and digital products.
- Research client desires, needs and expectations for specific feature requirements
- Assimilate all key information - feedback from clients, quantitative data from web analytics, research reports, market trends and statistics and make strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Works collaboratively with customers to design, define, and drive application software enhancements, features, and functionality.
- Collaborate with software developers and business analysts to develop a cohesive user interface for new mobile, cloud and digital features
- Participates and leads product planning and execution throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Become a PCH software product evangelist through online and offline product marketing i.e. presentations, blogging, digital media etc.
- Monitor and review the development of specific features including software engineering, QA, and documentation
- Demonstrate an understanding for the technology stack and most importantly understanding the level of effort involved is crucial to make informed decisions to support the business moving forward
- Test the product, talk to users, gather feedback and make recommendations for successful launch.
- Closely manage scope of product to ensure product is delivered on time.
Required Qualifications, Experience & Key Skills
Knowledge & Experience
- 10 years of experience in software product management
- Experience in both a start -up and established environment is preferred.
- In-depth familiarity with software design, implementation, release and support is required, with a strong understanding of sound Web, and increasingly Mobile, design principals/techniques
- Bachelor's degree in IT is preferred
- Previous experience with Agile development processes and Jira tracking tool is desirable
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a short period of time, handle multiple priorities simultaneously, and operate in a demanding work environment is important.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience in large-scale integration projects a plus and the ability to work in a pressurized environment
PCH Work Style, Personal Attributes & Attitudes
PCH work environment is relationship based and staff members need to be able to work effectively within a number of differently structured teams. This position needs to be both a team and individual contributor.
Strong verbal & written English communication, negotiating skills are paramount, as is a driven and positive 'can do' attitude. Articulate and succinct communication is highly valued, as well as a strong customer service focus. Client relationship skills are required to be successful in this role.
A solid skill base is needed to hit the ground running, and commercial acumen focusing on long-term outcomes and the financial implications of the actions expected.
Strategic thought processes are vital in processing and analyzing data in order to reach key points, and the ability to think in the 'bigger picture' is an advantage.
The ability to best solve a problem quickly and effectively using networks is also a must, along with the ability to maintain a positive attitude in a fast paced environment.
The typical PCH work style would be relationship oriented where support for others in achieving goals is a key consideration. Looking above the obvious to achieve broader based solutions using initiative is standard, and a flexible approach to problem solving utilizing various resources is required.
The ability to think on your feet and effectively deal with stress in a supportive environment is also considered necessary. An aptitude to want to learn is important and results driven individual with a pleasant demeanor are vital attributes. The ability to effectively communicate and liaise with a wide range of clients is also necessary.
||San Francisco, CA |