Senior Product Manager, Security Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Product Manager, Security
Prod Strategy & Corp Development | Santa Clara, CA, United States
The Security landscape is constantly evolving and requires newer mitigation and defense strategies in light of advanced persistent threats and targeted DNS based DDOS.
Infoblox is seeking a Senior Product Manager with extensive experience in the field of network security and loves being in an entrepreneurial role addressing new markets. As our ideal candidate, you will have strong business and technical acumen, allowing you to become the domain expert and product strategy lead on security solutions for Infoblox product lines.
You will be responsible for driving the market analysis, product strategy and definition, business case, competitive analysis, partner interaction and customer management associated with such products. You will need extensive experience in managing a product through all phases of the product life cycle, including concept, definition, planning, development and implementation. You
will work closely with the Infoblox organization including business development, engineering, finance, IT and sales to ensure on-time and successful delivery of these products and solutions.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities to pave the way through new markets. Develop business cases for new concepts: opportunity size, financial impact, market share, and cost of sales, profitability expectations.
- Specify requirements for current and future products by conducting research supported by on-going, intimate knowledge of existing customers, partners and competitors.
- Work closely with engineering on a regular basis, driving decisions on feature/cost trade off, ROI and impact on customer experience.
- Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve in features, positioning, price etc.
- Lead beta and customer evaluation programs.
- Develop GTM (go-to-market) plans aimed at enabling rapid market adoption of security solutions. Work with all relevant teams to ensure execution of the plan.
- Develop and communicate positioning of specific products and solutions to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena.
- Collaborate with Product and Technical Marketing functions on marketing deliverable including customer NDA presentations, new technology overviews, product positioning statements, sales training materials, feature and function benefit summaries, competitive analysis, FAQs, white papers, etc.
- Work with Business Development to develop strong relationships with partners in the security space.
Core Competencies/Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to rapidly absorb new areas of technology and become an expert and thought leader. Quickly bring focus to topics that have broad definitions by assimilating market knowledge and deliver an impactful business case for new product/solutions.
- Familiarity with the major players in the Network Security market, their products, positioning and strategies, for both traditional and advanced persistent threats.
- Solid knowledge of security technologies and deployment methodologies.
- Experience with different security enforcement points with respect to:
- Firewalls, IPS
- Advanced persistent threats
- Security for virtual environments
- IPv6, DNS/DHCP/IPAM and networking experience a plus.
- Successful Product Management experience in the network security field.
- Driven, results oriented individual, focused on execution in a team oriented environment
- Ability to capture and articulate customer problems and translate those into product strategy and requirements
- Ability to lead internal cross-functional teams to successfully deliver features
- Demonstrated success in managing relationships with partners, customers and sales teams, particularly in difficult or challenging situations
- Excellent communications capability for written, verbal, and presentation/collateral mediums
- Ability and desire to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced, fast growth environment and handle multiple projects and tasks daily
- Requires a BS/BA or other advanced degree
- Must have 5+ years related experience in network security product management
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services