Senior Product Manager - Security Solutions Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Product Manager - Security Solutions
Prod Strategy & Corp Development | Santa Clara, CA, United States
Infoblox provides technology that enables Network Control. Our integrated products and solutions make networks more available and secure with powerful automation of manual processes to reduce error, assure compliance and save our customers time, money and effort.
We are searching for a Product Manager who has experience in the field of network and infrastructure security with a sound knowledge of the evolving nature of security threats. The ideal candidate will have strong business and technical acumen, allowing them to become the domain expert and product strategy lead on security solutions for Infoblox product lines. They will be responsible for driving the market analysis, product strategy and definition, business case, competitive analysis, partner interaction and customer management associated with such products. They should possess extensive experience of managing product through all phases of the product life cycle, including concept, definition, planning, development and implementation. The qualified candidate will work closely with all parts of the Infoblox organization including business development, engineering, finance, IT and sales to ensure on-time and successful delivery of these products and solutions.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
Core Competencies/Skills & Knowledge:
- Develop business cases for new concepts: opportunity size, financial impact, market share, cost of sales, profitability expectations.
- Specify requirements for current and future products by conducting research supported by on-going, intimate knowledge of existing customers, partners and competitors.
- Work closely with engineering on a regular basis, driving decisions on feature/cost trade off, ROI and impact on customer experience.
- Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve in features, positioning, price etc.
- Develop GTM (go-to-market) plans aimed at enabling rapid market adoption of security solutions. Work with all relevant teams to ensure execution of the plan.
- Develop and communicate positioning of specific products and solutions to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena.
- Collaborate with Product and Technical Marketing functions on marketing deliverable including customer NDA presentations, new technology overviews, product positioning statements, sales training materials, feature and function benefit summaries, competitive analysis, FAQs, white papers, etc.
- Work with Business Development to develop strong relationships with partners in the security space.
- Familiarity with the major players in the security market, their products, positioning and strategies.
- Solid knowledge of security technologies, deployment methodologies and current and evolving security threat vectors
- IPv6, DNS/DHCP/IPAM and networking experience a plus.
- Successful Product Management experience in the networking field.
- Driven, results oriented individual, focused on execution in a team oriented environment
- Ability to capture and articulate customer problems and translate those into product strategy and requirements
- Ability to lead internal cross-functional teams to successfully deliver features
- Demonstrated success in managing relationships with partners, customers and sales teams, particularly in difficult or challenging situations
- Excellent communications capability for written, verbal, and presentation/collateral mediums
- Ability and desire to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced, fast growth environment and handle multiple projects and tasks daily
- Requires a BS/BA or other advanced degree
- Must have 5+ years related experience in networking product management and networking software
- MBA from top tier school highly desirable
- Language Requirement: English
- Written: Must be able to create training materials for various groups company wide
- Verbal: Must be able to deliver effective training for Sales, Sales Engineers and Professional Services
- Interpersonal: Ability to produce quality materials with tight timeframes while managing several projects and a team of experienced engineers
- Presentation: Internal presentation
- Internal: G&A staff, Engineering staff, Technical Support staff, Marketing/Product Management staff, Sales staff, Executive staff
- External: Partners, Vendors, Customers
- Some travel may be required for customer visits, SE training, and Sales events.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services