Senior Product Manager, Splunk CoreApps Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Do you want to own and drive forward a large part of the Splunk framework for a fast growing, enterprise software company that is enabling businesses everywhere to gain insight from their data? Splunk has doubled in revenue and headcount in the past 12 months and the product team needs your help to ensure that we continue on this trajectory.
Splunk's CoreApps group is focused on applying Splunk to a variety of analytics problems, building integration technologies, and delivering applications to customers ranging from Splunk's core search experience to Windows and Unix specific metrics to Web Analytics, Hadoop integrations and more. The team also is to provide best practices to app developers. Splunk is looking for a product leader to guide these initiatives.
This role requires passion and persuasion directed at solving issues faced by a highly technical audience. We are looking for someone who can distill from a complex problem landscape actionable work and lead the team to get it done.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be a product leader for the most disruptive technology in IT management and data analytics today. It's also an opportunity to join a team that is pioneering new approaches to product management to align effectively with agile development methodologies.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
As with any product management role in a fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering. Specific responsibilities include:
Note: Title will depend on the candidate's level of experience and fit for the position.
- Gathering requirements from a highly technical set of internal stakeholders and external customers to drive ongoing prioritization of product investments and R&D activities
- Maintaining the high level roadmap to ensure that the team creates as much value for Splunk and its customers as possible
- Developing user stories and functional requirements to communicate these needs to engineering
- Serving as the CoreApps liaison to the rest of the company to support everything from field enablement to the development of an integrated strategic roadmap
Ideal candidates will have the following profile:
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or similar degree highly preferred
- Enterprise software experience, especially RBDMS, BI, ETL, and other data-related analytics technologies
- Ability to write, defend and execute on business cases
- Proven ability to lead without authority
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Complementary Knowledge (pluses):
- Software development lifecycle methods (e.g. waterfall, Agile / scrum) and typical process steps
- System and/or application monitoring
- App frameworks and development environments
- Open source tools
- Web analytics products (Omniture, Google Analytics, etc)
- Relational databases (e.g. SQL, Oracle) or â€œBig dataâ€ technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop)
Education: Got it!
- BS/BA Degree, preferably with a strong technical acumen
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED