Senior Production Planner/Scheduler SafeNet Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Organization NameSupply Chain
At SafeNet, we employ the brightest and smartest people in the world. With more than 50 offices worldwide and 1,600 employees, we know the importance of acquiring the very best talent to make our company succeed. No matter what the job is ? technical writer, software engineer or a customer service representative ? we're always looking for our future leaders. Our number one goal is to staff our company with highly motivated employees that are eager to put their fingerprints throughout SafeNet and help drive us to continued successes. So if you're ready to be part of something special, we're ready and waiting. SafeNet, get inside.
The Senior Production Planner/Scheduler is responsible for reviewing demand requirements within the SafeNet Enterprise Resource Planning System, and coordinating the purchasing, inventory control, and fulfillment of needed products in the AMER region. The Scheduler/Planner directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in the production control, purchasing, and scheduling functions of the organization, with minimal supervision. Responsible for designing and executing strategies to satisfy customer expectations. The Production Planner/Scheduler is a key player to drive the internal and external Operations teams to meet key objectives surrounding on-time shipments, reducing product lead time, improving inventory turns and achieving product cost savings. The successful candidate in this highly dynamic position will work well in a high performance team environment and demonstrate flexibility to changing requirements and urgent requests. The candidate will work as the primary liaison between SafeNet and the contract manufacturer in the AMER region to manage order roadblocks and expedite and maintain communication of status to internal stakeholders. In addition to this regional responsibility, the candidate will be responsible for global consolidation of order tracking data for daily reporting and maintaining KPI?s for order fulfillment and supply chain.
- B.A or B.S. Degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- CPIM certification a plus
- 7+ years of production planning and master scheduling in an outsourced manufacturing model.
- Distribution/Logistics experience is a plus
- 5+ years in a fast-paced, high tech organization preferred
- Strong background in Manufacturing and Operations with experience with Oracle ERP required.
- Broad knowledge of supply chain management, including functions and practices in demand planning, scheduling, and materials management
- Thorough knowledge of inventory management including purchasing, product yield and inventory control
- Strong organization and analytical skills, with an eye for details
- Ability to work on multiple issues in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision
- Experience working in an international business environment; works well across functions
- Able to communicate plans and issues clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Reacts to situations with a sense of urgency and able to balance multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Able to make independent decisions
- Solutions oriented and motivated to improve processes, with an eye toward high quality
- Must be a team player and able to influence outcomes in a cross-functional team environment
- Hands on experience using large scale ERP Operating Systems (Oracle required) and Microsoft Office applications
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel is a plus
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Manufacturing Plan Development
- Analyze and plan forecasted requirements for material and production/fulfillment capacity.
- Supports Global Supply Chain/Demand Planning team with information needed to execute the forecast/demand planning process
- Validate MRP output and collaborate with Strategic Sourcing Buyers to procure required material.
- Monitor production schedules to establish operational sequence and lead time requirements needed to meet shipping dates driven by customer requirements.
- Proactively formulates stocking improvement plans as well as corrective actions plans, if necessary, in order to improve fulfillment processes
Manufacturing Schedule Coordination and Implementation
- Provides direction to contract manufacturer (CM) on order fulfillment schedule and priority of orders that are escalated or need to be rescheduled due to material shortages.
- Reviews reports to assess regional backlog and material readiness to assure on time shipment to customers
- Identifies material shortages and places internal requisitions/provides direction to Buyers (new PO, internal transfer, etc.) to address them
- Single point of contact with CM to assess and plan orders that have been escalated by Customer Service for expedited delivery
- Supports global planners to schedule and plan for large customer orders within region
- Maintains outstanding customer service to internal and external customers
- Maintain planning item attributes in the SafeNet ERP system
- Maintain stocking/replenishment plans in the SafeNet ERP system, as assigned
- Participate in daily fulfillment meetings with Contract Manufacturers and SafeNet supply chain team.
- Responsible for overall inventory control and material availability in the region to meet business needs.
- Work with Demand Planning and Sr. Manager, Op Program Management to establish appropriate levels of finish goods inventory and Kanban inventory.
Metrics and Reporting
- Update order issue tracker in real time to keep stakeholders informed of requests for expedited delivery in the AMER region. Maintain current schedule ship date information in Oracle.
- Same as above for order fulfillment roadblocks identified by the regional CM, maintaining the order issue tracker and Oracle in real time.
- Make certain entries are current for the Past Due/Order Issue Aging Report for all AMER product on a daily basis
- Consolidate global information and create global report out for Daily Production Meeting, including metrics reporting
- Create report out for global Past Due/Order Issue Aging Report to be completed on a weekly basis.
- Global metrics report out for Operations Key Objective reporting, including development of Pareto information to provide visibility on areas needing corrective action
- Support Sr. Manager, Ops Program Management in collection and reporting of key business metrics, as required.
SafeNet continually strives to offer employees a strong benefit package with access to some of the best plan options available. As a result, our benefit package covers a broad spectrum of options for our employees. In addition, we also offer competitive salaries and telecommuting opportunities for some positions.
SafeNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce while maintaining an alcohol and drug-free workplace. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
||Belcamp, MD |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED