Senior Program Manager Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Program Manager
Engineering | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: 907
Brightcove provides the industry leading online video platform, enabling our customers to deliver professional quality video to audiences on every screen. Our customers range from some of the largest media publishers to corporate marketing departments to large non-profit organizations, spanning the globe.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to develop and manage the execution of best practices to guide the product organization through various stages of the development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be an experienced technical Program Manager who will drive and manage cross-functional activities and key operational processes in a fast-paced agile development environment, with a strong ability to collaborate across all functions of the company and manage all aspects of the project execution.
- Guide the product organization through the various stages of the development lifecycle, managing and coordinating cross-functional dependencies, while ensuring the successful delivery of products that are aligned with Brightcove's strategic goals.
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures. Make recommendations and drives process improvement and adoption of best practices (processes, tools, etc) to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be a change agent: Identifying ways to improve processes and remove bottlenecks to systemically improve how we deliver value to customers.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and Engineering regarding product definition, project schedule, feature scope, commitments, and project-related decisions.
- Aggregate, organize, and synthesize program and project information in order to encourage transparency and facilitate cross-functional communication throughout projects.
- Drive and manage project risks, including identification, analysis, communication, monitoring and control, while increasing the probability of positive events.
- Manage and drive complex decision making and problem solving in a decisive, confident and prompt manner.
- Be an agile coach: Acting as a trusted advisor to support teams to increase their efficiency and productivity in an agile environment.
- Someone who describes themselves as a proven program/project manager with a passion for driving complex projects to completion. PMP/PMI certification is an added bonus.
- Someone who operates with a high degree of autonomy with minimal supervision; collaborates with their manager as specific issues requiring escalation arise.
- 5+ years of software program/project management experience. A combined history of product management, engineering work, and customer support experience (or a software engineering degree) are ideal.
- Familiarity with standard project management tools, practices and procedures.
- Experience with Agile and/or other iterative development methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to build relationships and collaborate with variety of personalities and styles.
- Experience managing projects with remote/geographically dispersed team members.
- Someone who has a strong technology foundation (Desktop & Mobile Web, REST APIs, IaaS Cloud Platforms, CDNs, SaaS and PaaS Operations, distributed storage platforms and big data analytic), and enjoys researching new applications and customer trends.
An undergraduate degree in a technical or business field is strongly preferred.
Boston, MA (We are conveniently located near the South Station stop on the Red line.)
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services