Join our team and experience Workday! Itâs fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what theyâre doing. At Workday, weâre committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and weâre serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Â
If you are a dynamic, hands-on program/project manager with a successful track record of developing, implementing and enhancing innovative programs and initiatives this could be the role for you!
Workdayâs Senior Programs and Initiatives Manager, Education
is a key role in Workdayâs Education management team. You will use your exceptional business acumen and broad range of hands-on experience to lead and support the full lifecycle of initiative/program management activities in direct support of Workdayâs education business, brand and broader services strategies.
As the management focal point for all significant Education initiatives and programs, you will work closely with Education team managers to provide a shared program/initiative management service. You will collaborate with diverse functional teams at all levels within Education, Services, Marketing and Sales to execute high quality, scalable initiatives and programs. In all cases you are a driver and you may occasionally own the early development and incubation of programs, working directly with Workday Customers and Partners.
Youâll work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that demands accountability, agility, quality and innovation. Youâll connect important dots related to Workdayâs rapidly evolving customer, partner and employee bases and their learning needs to drive and develop new ideas into great programs, manage risk, and create leverage and opportunity.JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Own cross-functional program and initiative management for Workday Education, providing consultation and management from concept to completion to ensure successful execution (quality, time, budget).
- Collaborate as needed to research, define, plan, execute, assess and enhance specific initiatives and programs.
- Regularly assess, communicate and report performance across the portfolio of initiatives and programs, recommending and/or implementing options and solutions as needed and leading the strategy and development of systems and processes to support the same.
- Directly own the initial development, incubation and ownership transition of a select few emerging programs, engaging customers and partners as necessary.
- Work with Education management team, services operations and strategy functions to ensure alignment and leverage.
- BA/BS required. MBA or equivalent range of business experience preferred.
- 10+ years general business experience and 5+ years of cross-functional program development and management experience required.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with one or more of the following: strategic planning, large-scale project management, P&L management.
- Experience and knowledge of commercial training business and HR or Finance functions preferred.
- Proven ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable work environment, prioritizing accordingly and escalating appropriately.
- Expert ability to manage numerous initiatives across multiple functional areas simultaneously, recognize and manage risks and opportunities, and move quickly between program development and day-to-day initiative management.
- Excellent analytical and demonstrated problem solving skills. Proven ability to proactively and quickly grasp, distill and synthesize concepts and details from diverse sources, identify trends, develop strategies, and implement high-impact solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including proven track record of developing and delivering engaging, outcome-based presentations to diverse internal and external audiences.
- Strong ability to utilize resources appropriately and manage to budgets.