Senior QA Analyst - Applications, Java, Agile - Toronto Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire Software is looking to hire a Senior QA Analyst to analyze and test the features of Guidewire's web-based enterprise scale applications as part of a collaborative, fast-paced team. As a member of the Toronto Development Center, you would work closely with knowledgeable product managers and skilled software engineers.
At Guidewire, we use Agile programming techniques, such as test-driven development, continuous integration and testing, and story-based iterative development to build better software and to build software in a better way. We have found that the role of the dedicated QA Analyst is imperative to releasing quality results. In this role we look for critical thinkers - people who can rapidly consume domain knowledge and determine comprehensive, meaningful tests based on close collaboration with our product managers and industry experts. We place a high value on exploratory testing - testers spend the bulk of their time in the application finding issues based on an educated awareness of both specific requirements and customer's expectations. Testers partner with development, giving continual feedback and working together to improve automated test coverage.
For most people this is a very different development environment than the typical process of 'throwing code over the wall' for QA to test. QA Analysts are part of the process with product managers and developers from the beginning and work in partnership to make sure that the code is high quality at all times rather than tested at the end. We have a work environment that encourages individual initiative, experiments with new ideas for continuous improvement, and lets great people do great work by minimizing the hassles of hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- Work closely with product management and development engineers to understand features and create robust comprehensive test plans to verify functionality.
- Do exploratory testing and acceptance of new features as part of a story-driven Agile development process.
- Develop automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing.
- Identify bugs through systematic testing, help developers reproduce errors, and ensure that defects are fixed.
- Participate throughout the design and development process, analyzing features to point out weaknesses or inconsistencies.
- 5+ years of software testing or related enterprise software experience in a quality-oriented role.
- Excellent attention to detail and the understanding of how to find flaws in complex software features. We are particularly interested in experience with complex enterprise applications and demonstrated ability to become an expert quickly on the feature areas you have owned in order to test those areas effectively.
- Insurance domain experience would be ideal.
- Strong technical skills, such as an ability to understand basic object-oriented concepts, SQL syntax for checking results in a database or editing XML configuration files, is highly desirable.
- Experience writing automated tests (not just record/playback) or programming experience with Java or an equivalent object-oriented language would be an asset.
- You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a diverse team environment following Agile processes for software development.
Essentially, we look for well-rounded individuals with great analytical skills, enthusiasm for taking ownership of features, a strong commitment to quality, and the ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and product managers.
Guidewire Software is a leading provider of flexible, enterprise software products focused on servicing the global property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Nationwide, The Co-Operators Group and The Dominion of Canada Insurance to efficiently run their high volume, complex and mission-critical insurance operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing. As the #1 provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat out our competitors such as Accenture and SAP 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
Our success can be directly attributed to our bright and talented employees who make it all happen. So if you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that has its sights set on grabbing significant market share in a $1.5 trillion industry, then Guidewire is the place for you.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services