Senior QA Automation Engineer Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We are hiring a Senior QA automation engineer to work on Guidewire Software's Live team. The Live team delivers modern cloud-based solutions which leverage vast pools of data from our customers and other 3rd-party sources. On this team you'll work side-by-side with other talented engineers testing high-quality, high-performance technologies.
Guidewire values critical thinking, good communication skills, a focus on quality, and the ability to work well in a team. For this role we're specifically looking for very strong SQL and Database skills, experience developing test frameworks, and expertise in programming and test automation.
At the heart of Guidewire culture are three principles:
- Collegiality. We work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy. We strive for good processes and realistic assumptions to keep workload sustainable. We trust people to manage their own time. We seek input without regard for title. We welcome and consider contrary opinions. We value work/life balance.
- Integrity. We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
- Rationality. We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We constantly improve processes. We use the latest Agile and Lean coding techniques, including work pods, sprints, and scrums.
- Participate throughout the design and development process, analyzing features to point out weaknesses or inconsistencies
- Work closely with Product Management and development engineers to understand features and establish test strategies, design comprehensive test plans and robust test cases
- Set up test environments
- Perform functional, exploratory, and acceptance testing
- Develop, maintain and update automated tests and associated test frameworks in partnership with development
- Identify, diagnose, report, and assist developers in resolving defects and verifying bug fixes
Preference to Applicants with:
- Expert knowledge of database concepts and query languages (SQL)
- Experience developing automated tests and test frameworks using Java, C++, or an equivalent object-oriented language
- Experience creating test plans/test cases and implementing holistic risk analysis
- Working knowledge of XML
- Very self-motivated, flexible, with a strong desire to join a fast paced team and make a big difference
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of test frameworks such as JUnit/dbUnit
- Experience testing ETL and data warehousing-based solutions
- Experience working with commercial RDBMS, such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and IBM DB2
- Java programming experiences using J2EE technologies, XML and web services
- Experience in agile development including continuous integration
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Knowledge of ORM technologies such as Hibernate
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services