Epocrates (www.epocrates.com) is seeking a stellar Senior QA Engineer who will lead the testing efforts on mobile devices on assigned projects.
This candidate will work closely with the project, product, and software development teams to understand the release requirements. This candidate will have at least two or more years of mobile device testing experience especially on iOS platform. This candidate will possess strong project management skills while performing hands-on testing. We're looking for a person who is able to lead other members of the testing team and ensure project deadlines are met with challenges and risks communicated and mitigated.
The ideal candidate is self motivated and able to multi-task. He/she should ramp up quickly and develop in-depth knowledge of our products. This Senior/Lead QA Engineer will report to the QA Manager.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Lead all testing efforts for project ensuring creation of test plans, test cases, test metrics, and other QA documents to ensure sufficient test coverage based on requirements and specifications
- Be proactive in communicating risks and product issues to the cross functional teams
- Understand the dependencies that exist and to improve testing
- Report the results of testing to the cross functional team and the QA Manager
- Perform hands-on testing and develop product expertise on assigned projects
- Participate in product design & requirement reviews to identify defects early in project
- Work closely with development to ensure the desired level of quality is built-in
- Train team members
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by Manager
Experience / Skills Requirements
- BS in technical discipline or equivalent technical training and professional work experience
- 5+ years QA experience
- 2+ years of mobile device testing (iOS preferred)
-Strong project management skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of scrum, agile testing
- Database knowledge a plus
Epocrates, Inc. (NASDAQ: EPOC), developers of the #1 most used mobile medical app among U.S. physicians, creates point-of-care digital solutions that enhance the practice of medicine. More than 1.3 million healthcare professionals, including 50 percent of U.S. physicians, use Epocrates' solutions to help improve patient care and practice efficiencies with its drug reference, educational and clinical apps.
|Location:||Durham, NC |
|Headquarters:||1100 Park Place|
San Mateo, CA 94403