Senior QA Engineer NexGen Storage
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED NexGen Storage is looking for an experienced and highly motivated person to join our growing Engineering team. You will play a key role in our software development and have the opportunity to challenge yourself and to further your knowledge in a highly energized, fast-paced and innovative environment.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be an active member of the engineering team, having technical and leadership responsibilities in all stages of the product lifecycle. You will be part of a team that develops, modifies, and executes software test plans; analyzes and writes test procedures; maintains documentation of results; and works closely with development engineers in resolution of problems.
The ideal candidate will have proven design ability and the willingness to work in a collaborative and team oriented environment. We require a minimum of 8 years of experience in Product Test and/or QA validation. A variety of test experience in storage, virtualization applications and/or enterprise applications is highly desirable but not necessary.
This position requires an individual who is creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, driven to produce results and demonstrates the ability to take a cross-team leadership role.
Lead and participate as part of a team responsible for:
- Gathering test requirements
- Influencing test strategies and designs across teams
- Setting up and configuring lab and test environments
- Developing, implementing and executing test plans
- Contributing to test automation infrastructure by writing and augmenting test scripts and/or test libraries
- Investigating and driving found problems to resolution
- Writing test reports
- Test optimization
- Reading and understanding software and/or hardware design specifications as well as product requirements
- Reviewing and approving both design and test specifications
- Providing guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers
- Participating in design reviews and driving recommendations for product quality and testability
- Providing subject matter expertise for at least one area of product functionality
- Leading teams in software test planning, automation, documentation and process improvement
- Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills
- Successfully lead teams through development and execution of project plans for an individual project or small team
- Proven abilities in the following disciplines: software testing, test case writing, automated script development and process improvement
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation
- Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Use judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for successful results
- Work with suppliers, partners or other external parties in product quality efforts as necessary
- Develop longer-range project plans and schedules for individual or work for a small team
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully led multiple, complex technical projects.
||Louisville, CO |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED