Senior QA Engineer NIKSUN
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED NIKSUN is a recognized worldwide leader in making the Unknown Known. The company develops and deploys a complete range of award-winning forensics, compliance, security surveillance and performance management solutions for applications ranging from core infrastructures to edge and branch environments.
The Senior Quality Assurance engineer is responsible for all stages of the quality assurance process. This person should have an in-depth understanding of IP networking technology and protocols. A zest and love for technology, and a demonstrated ability to identify bugs will be a key element in this environment. The qualified Senior QA Engineer will be working with an exciting combination of networking, security, cloud computing, and virtualization environments.
1. Interface with Network Engineering to maintain the integrity of the test bed area
2. Work in cross-function and aware of the status and progress of work activities and business issues that affect the department
3. Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures
4. Ability to identify critical issues and communicate in cross functional environment to track defects to closure
5. Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source
6. Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
7. Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking
8. Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest better ways to ensure compliance
9. Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content
10. Monitor program performance to ensure efficient and problem-free operations
11. Collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions
12. Review Software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks
13. Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery date
14. Provide feedback and recommendation to developers on software usability and functionality
15. Provide technical support during software installation or configurationt
16. Understand Agile Process and methodology
17. Work independently and with sub-team within QA to focus on test specific areas.
18. Produces, reviews, and coaches junior engineers' job roles in detailed
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
1. Strong Knowledge in Networking domain and understand various protocols
2. Knowledge of UNIX commands and ability to write test cases and identify bugs
3. Strong initiative to build relationships both internally and externally with minimal supervision/direction from management.
4. Creative, self-motivated team player willing to participate in developing cutting-edge solutions
5. Ability to work in cross-functional team and manage multiple tasks/projects
6. Strong background in Automation tools and Scripting; Python etc.,
7. Experience working closely with field and engineering in reproducing and resolving critical and urgent field issues.
8. Hands on experience with Linux based services including installation and upgrade processes and networking environment
9. Must be well versed in network related protocols - TCP/IP, UDP etc. familiar with tools for analysis of packets
10. Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
11. Strong written and communications skills
12. Ability to troubleshoot lab issues when necessary
13. Familiar with Bugzilla, Sharepoint and EXCEL is a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
1. BS in Computer Science, EE or related field. MS is preferred
2. 5 plus years of experience preferably in network domain in design,
testing, and implementation of IP router based high-speed technology in an ISP or equivalent environment
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
NIKSUN is a dynamic, professional, fast-paced company offering an attractive compensation and benefits package, including a comprehensive health and dental insurance plan, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, and a flexible work environment.
||Princeton, NJ |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED