Senior Refrigeration Technician Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Primary Role: Operation, inspection, repair, installation and all preventative maintenance of our refrigeration systems, product storage freezers and coolers. Secondary Role: Perform grounds, building and equipment installation, upkeep, repairs and preventative maintenance. Requiring knowledge of plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, HVAC, building automation systems, laboratory and clean rooms. Uses experience and judgment to plan and accomplish a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
1. Perform a wide variety of refrigeration focused maintenance including installation, modification, repair work and preventative maintenance.
2. Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
3. Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
4. Braze or solder defective joints or leaks.
5. Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system.
6. Install compressors, condensors, evaporators and other types of equipment.
7. Install wiring to connect components to an electrical source.
8. Understands low temp and med temp racking systems and its compoents. (Oil Systems, Floats, Copeland Compressors, Sight Glasses, Oil Pressure Regulators, Head Valves, Head Pressure Regulators, Check Valves, Safety Switches, Receivers, Alarm Floats, Pop Off Safety Valves, Suction Filters, Ball Valves, Contactors).
9. Test Lines, components and connections for leaks.
10. Blend refrigerants for ultra low freezers.
11. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Perform a wide variety of general building and equipment installation, modification, repair work and preventative maintenance. This includes, but is not limited to electrical, plumbing, drywall, painting, carpentry, floor repair and other general building, varied equipment and systems work.
2. Perform HVAC, boiler, compressed air, refrigeration and other building systems trouble shooting. Identify and recommend the most effective, efficient, and timely course of repair action.
3. Prioritize and document repairs and preventative maintenance activities; provide follow-up information regarding status of assigned tasks.
4. Provide expertise and knowledge to the other maintenance staff members regarding the safe and efficient completion of maintenance tasks and the troubleshooting of equipment and systems problems.
5. Monitor and rectify facility and equipment alarms. Personnel will have ?on call? responsibilities and will wear a digital pager at all times. This responsibility may require visits to the facilities during non-business hours (including weekends and holiday?s) to address refrigeration and building systems problems as needed.
6. Assist in facility grounds keeping tasks including snow and ice removal, lawn mowing, trimming, weeding and other general grounds related activities.
7. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Perform custodial related tasks as required.
2. Flexibility. This person must be flexible to changing maintenance needs and must be willing to adjust work schedule as required to meet departmental and company objectives.
3. Assist in various other Facility Services support activities as required or directed to assure and maintain a safe, efficient, and productive work environment.
4. Perform material movement activities including but not limited to the moving of furniture, office supplies, process and laboratory equipment, documents, literature, packing materials, etc.
5. Install and modify facility furniture projects.
1. Associate?s Degree in related field, apprenticeship/certification (electrician, plumber, refridgeration, welding, etc.), or high school diploma or equivalent with 6 years of experience.
2. Minimum 8-10 years experience in Refrigeration.
3. Minimum 8-10 years experience with building HVAC and Building automation systems.
4. Ability to work flexible hours as required.
5. Proven ability for problem solving and trouble shooting.
6. Must possess a valid driver?s license.
1. Technical training/certification in any of the following fields: refrigeration, welding, electrical.
2. Knowledge of building mechanical systems and components including HVAC, refrigeration, boiler, facility automation systems and direct digital controls, fire alarm systems, and security systems.
3. Good communication skills to interact with all Promega personnel and the ability to communicate effectively regarding maintenance issues and customer requests.
4. Ability to maintain a positive, productive, and flexible work attitude with a willingness to adjust scheduled work hours to meet facility maintenance needs and do what it takes to get the job done.
5. Experience working with laboratory equipment in a laboratory type environment.
6. Experience with automated packaging and process systems and components.
7. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision.
8. Independent self starter with positive attitude and above average organizational tools.
1. Ability to occasionally move objects ranging in weight up to 100 pounds up to one hour per day and perform building related construction and maintenance work.
2. Ability to work in areas of limited space.
3. Ability to climb ladders daily.
4. Ability to drive motorized equipment.
5. Ability to work in varying environmental temperatures.
6. Ability to drive.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED