Senior Reporting Analyst (Sprout Social) Sprout Social
Our Product Team prides itself on having authentic empathy for customer success. We closely listen to customer feedback, and analyze usage of our products, to prioritize what we build and how we build it. Every day, our Analytics team works to improve tools used by more than 17,000 brands around the world. However, even our broad suite of reports cannot always accommodate our diverse, sophisticated customer base. Reporting Services, an important part of the Analytics team, works to bridge this gap.
The Reporting Services team works with our internal Customer Success and Enterprise Sales teams to understand the social media analytics problems our customers face that may be addressed through custom reports. Reporting Services Consultants also work closely with the Engineering squads within the Analytics team to understand data and metrics available within our databases and our APIs. The mission of Reporting Services Consultants is to help our customers succeed by providing them the metrics they need, in a format that they need it in.
- Interface with the Customer Success team, Sales team, or directly with customers, to interpret business requirements, translate them into technical needs, and assess whether our Reporting Services team is suited to help.
- Immerse in the breadth of metrics that already exist within the Sprout Social infrastructure to gain an understanding of data that is easily extracted, and what is harder or impossible to obtain.
- Prepare and generate ad hoc and recurring reports via writing and executing scripts, SQL queries, and manipulating/formatting data using Microsoft Excel.
- Engage closely with engineers and product managers across the company, especially within the Analytics team.
- Work with Directors of Engineering and Product to define and maintain a sustainable framework across custom reports.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience seamlessly interacting with customers and internal staff across multiple projects, in the Consulting industry or related.
- Excellent communicator (written and oral). You need to be able to eloquently speak business and tech.
- Experience extracting customer needs and translating them into technical requirements. Strong customer empathy is paramount.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel/Access).
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and writing and executing SQL queries.
- Coding experience is a strong bonus (Python, Ruby, or other scripting languages).
- Ability to manage projects autonomously and be a self-starter.
- Strong ability to learn and apply new concepts.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We're proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team's shared belief in Sprout's mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago's Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
||131 S Dearborn, 7th Floor |
Chicago, IL 60603
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Tags:||consulting MS Office SQL |
Sprout Social is changing the way businesses communicate.Investors: Lightbank
, NEA All Jobs: at Sprout Social
|Headquarters:||131 S Dearborn, 7th Floor|
Chicago, IL 60603
|Company Profile:||At Sprout Social, we embrace and revel in the fact that social media is a crucial component of brand and customer relationships. Our team of dedicated engineers, marketers, designers, product specialists and customer service professionals work tirelessly for our customers. Team Sprout also boasts a quirky and culturally diverse combination of personal characteristics and interests. From foodies to fearless travelers to amateur photographers, we share our stories and enrich each other's lives through teamwork, healthy competition and mutual respect. A sustained love of all things social guides us, day after day. Founded in 2010, Sprout is a private company backed by the venture funds of NEA and Lightbank.|
Support Sprout Social with Social Media services