Senior Research Scientist - Custom Assay Service Promega
Promega?s Custom Assay Service (CAS) group is seeking an experienced scientist to lead, mentor and act as a technical expert. In this position, you will use your scientific leadership to develop cell based assays. You will also take ownership of confocal imagers and apply strong knowledge in cellular imaging to support internal and external research projects.
Candidates must have:
A MS degree with 8+ years of postgraduate experience or a PhD with 2+ years of postgraduate experience, ideally in industry
A very strong cell biology and immunology background with expertise in cell imaging
Proven record as a strong scientific leader in cancer cell biology and imaging. The ideal candidate will be able to apply scientific knowledge and technical expertise in developing cell based assays using Promega technologies
Reputation as an emerging leader in a field with demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity and collaboration.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Involved in the scientific leadership of the company, i.e. management, mentoring, consensus building and/or act as technical expert in multiple areas of specialization. Apply scientific leadership to multiple R&D Projects. History of success championing commercial research. Formulate an overall project strategy including consideration of: IP, market information and competitive environment.
1. Demonstrated ability to design and implement innovative projects that result in higher impact new products, processes or improvements.
2. Understand critical success factors (e.g. recognizing the critical needs of a project using risk management & contingency planning) and incorporate them into project plan.
3. Reputation as an emerging leader (within Promega) in a field with demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity and collaboration.
4. Understand competitive landscape, customer needs and how to develop a set of specifications that will provide a competitive advantage in the market.
5. Work at bench.
6. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. BS degree in a scientific discipline with 14+ years post graduate experience.
2. MS degree in a scientific discipline with 8+ years post graduate experience.
3. PhD degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent with 2+ years postgraduate experience in an industrial research and/or development environment.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
3. Ability to operate a computer.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||Madison, WI |