Senior Revenue Accountant Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Revenue Accountant
Finance | Santa Monica, CA, United States
- Analysis and Reporting: Analyze and research revenue accounting matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions reached. Identify, investigate and resolve unusual, inaccurate and unexpected revenue fluctuations or balances. Coordinate and communicate with business management and FP&A to support their detailed understanding of revenue streams.
- GAAP Research: Perform GAAP research and reference ASC 985-605 as required for Revenue and related cost issues. Prepare summary documentation and memorandums as required.
- Month-end: Participate in month-end processes, including preparation of journal entries, deferral and amortization of selected revenues and costs, reporting and reconciliations of accounts associated with certain revenue streams.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to improve broad, cross-functional business processes and related systems. Assist implementation efforts as required.
- Contracts: Review contracts for revenue recognition implications and make recommendations.
- Special Projects: This could involve creating processes for new services, GAAP research, new management reporting initiatives, etc.
- System and Data Analysis: Work closely with Financial Systems team to research and investigate revenue reconciliation issues as data moves between systems. Troubleshoot data feeds and provide recommendations for short-term and long-term system and process improvement.
- Audit Support: Serve on the audit support team for external auditors to ensure all information is provided in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure all revenue related questions are addressed completely and timely.
- SOX and Controls: Prepare and maintain documentation of revenue accounting processes for Sarbanes-Oxley purposes. Assist SOX internal control reviews relating to the revenue area.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required.
- Qualified candidates will have 3-5 years of progressive accounting and financial analysis experience; mid-to-large public company, preferable.
- Revenue Recognition experience including proven history of applying GAAP; broad knowledge of revenue cycle operations required.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues, collection, analysis, and interpretation of data.
- Systems skills should include advanced Excel and Oracle. Experience with DART and/or Salesforce is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability taking a hands-on approach to data mining and manipulation, utilizing multiple data sources to create basic and advanced reports.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills for interacting with internal and external customers
- Strong process management skills, with the ability to define process and results metrics, implement continuous process improvement techniques, and manage a complex process that crosses several functional organizations
- A strong interest in efficiency, automation, work process improvement, and standards development required
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED