Senior Revenue Analyst Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Revenue Analyst
Finance | Santa Clara, CA, United States
The Revenue team is responsible for ensuring the integrity of world-wide revenue by providing technical expertise, business sense, and a strong desire to improve processes and controls. The Senior Revenue Analyst will be an integral member of the Revenue Accounting team and will report to the Revenue Manager. Specific responsibilities will depend on individual skill sets. This individual will focus on review of revenue contracts, monthly revenue close and assist with other revenue duties. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance, a CPA and/or MBA with big 4 experience, strong knowledge of revenue accounting under US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for multiple element arrangements including both software and non-software elements. The candidate must be detail oriented, very hands-on, have strong organization and communication skills.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Review customer contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with applicable accounting pronouncements and Company policies.
- Assist in implementation of Company's revenue recognition policies and practices.
- Support monthly and quarterly revenue accounting close including journal entry preparation, account analysis and reconciliation, financial reporting and analysis.
- Maintain revenue cutoff procedures at quarter end to ensure revenue are properly and accurately recorded for the period.
- Analyze and update analyses for VSOE and BESP quarterly.
- Prepare management reports including revenue analyses and metrics for SEC disclosure.
- Assist with internal and external financial audits, reviews and SOX compliance.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses and participate in special projects as needed.
- Seek to continuously improve current process and procedures.
- Software revenue recognition experience required.
- 5â€"6 years professional experience, including 2-3 years of experience in revenue recognition. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. Big 4 CPA/MBA desirable.
- Practical knowledge of general accounting practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and comply with tight deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Excel. Experience with large ERP system (Oracle preferable).
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to handle multiple, competing tasks simultaneously.
- Problem solver: Candidate should be a strong, analytical problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions orientation.
- Efficient and Creative: Candidate should be able to think outside the box to find the optimal solution to problems.
- Communicative: Candidate will take an 'open source' attitude to quality assurance. Keeps others in the company informed and up to date on his or her priorities, current tasks and work completed. Encourages constructive criticism on his or her work.
- Flexible and adaptable: Candidate should be able to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Attention to detail: Candidate must live by the mantra of â€œthe devil is in the detailsâ€ and will take great pride in getting it right.
- Accountability: Candidate should be a results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services