Senior Revenue Director - Oakland, CA Pandora Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Revenue Director - Oakland, CA
The Sr. Revenue Director is responsible for leading the Revenue Team and for ensuring that revenue is recognized in accordance with GAAP. As part of this responsibility the Revenue Director will review agreements for their impact on the financial statements, will prepare and review technical accounting memos for new complex arrangements, and will oversee the financial statement close process for revenue related accounts. The role will also encompass maintaining relationships with Sales, Legal, and internal Finance teams such as Billing and Collections as well as FP&A both in terms of managing day-to-day activities as well as in developing the infrastructure to support future business needs.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with Sales and Legal teams to review contract terms on new agreements.
- Prepare and/or review technical accounting positions on new complex arrangements.
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations for revenue related accounts.
- Maintain the revenue recognition policy and keep the policy updated for changes in the business or for new product lines.
- Provide training to various departments on revenue recognition principles and policies.
- Liaison with external auditors to discuss new arrangements and technical accounting issues for revenue.
- Manage the Revenue team and help mentor and train the team.
- Responsible for designing and for complying with SOX controls in revenue related areas.
- Will partner with various departments to design system enhancements, process changes, and other improvements in order to achieve scalability and to support new business initiatives.
- Special projects and ad hoc reports as requested.
- CPA required
- Must have experience working with GAAP revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Experience with Big 4 accounting firms preferred.
- Experience in digital or radio based media highly valued
- Accounting or Finance degree from 4 year college or university
- 9+ years of comparable work experience, with public company experience
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- A team solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
||Oakland, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED