The Senior Revenue Analyst is responsible for assisting the Business in structuring and reviewing contracts and establishing the related revenue recognition consistent with internal policies and U.S. GAAP. This position will work closely with various company departments to achieve this and ready contracts for customer signature.
Duties and responsibilities
· Provide direction to the Business in structuring license, support and services contracts, and work with them to find the best solution that meets the customer's requirements but maximises revenue within the accounting guidance and internal policy.
· Review contracts at the point of drafting to advise on the best possible structure to maximise revenue within the accounting guidance and internal policy.
· Establish the related revenue recognition on contracts in accordance with US GAAP.
· Provide training and guidance to the Business regarding revenue recognition.
· Act as a resource for Infor's Sales, Legal, Revenue Accounting and Order Processing departments on accounting matters, especially as it relates to contracting activity, invoicing and timing of revenue recognition.
· Document revenue determinations accurately and clearly in the internal systems.
· Ensure all month & quarter end close tasks are completed within deadlines.
· Establish, improve and enforce internal policies and procedures.
· Stay abreast of new accounting pronouncements in regard to revenue recognition issues in the software industry, and strive to insure that Infor is in compliance with those pronouncements.
· Assist in the integration of the revenue processes of a new acquisition/merger as required.
· Assist with internal or external audit queries on revenue recognition.
· Assist with VSOE and BESP testing as required.
· Ad hoc tasks and other reasonable duties to fulfil the needs of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience (,)
· Significant contract review experience to determine revenue recognition specific to the software industry (E)
· Knowledge of US GAAP as it relates to the software industry (E)
· An understanding of Revenue accounting (E)
· Professional accounting qualification or educated to degree level (D)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (D)
· Strong analytical and interpretational skills with good attention to detail
· Innovative thinking and problem solving skills with ethical principles and values
· Ability to analyse new situations, apply existing knowledge and carry out research
· Customer focussed with strong communication skills
· Ability to handle time pressure and change with a flexible attitude
· Excellent personal organisational skills
· Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
· Dedication to achieving team and personal work objectives
· European languages, particularly French or German, would be advantageous
Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 164 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both.
|Location:||multiple, multiple |