Senior Sales Consulting Manager Guidewire Software
Sr. Sales Consulting Manager
Guidewire is seeking a qualified Senior Sales Consulting (Pre-sales) Manager to support our market leadership position. This individual will lead, develop and mentor our growing Sales Consulting team while working closely with sales leadership in order to set business priorities across the different sales territories. The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader with outstanding sales engineering skills, a passion for customer success, insatiable drive and curiosity as well as relevant experience within the enterprise software space. .
The Guidewire sales team consists of a select team of sales executives and sales consultants. Sales executives are responsible for prospecting, managing the sales cycle, building customer relationships, and closing sales. Sales Consultants are responsible for understanding detailed customer needs, defining how Guidewire solutions can meet those needs, and persuading through tailored proposals and demonstrations the superiority of our proven solution. Our compensation structure provides significant bonus for achieving and exceeding team objectives.
Sales Consultants work side by side with both prospects and partners, striving to understand client business goals and objectives and then map our solution to meet stated needs. Sales Consulting requires a unique blend of business process expertise, listening skill, technical design creativity, and exceptional communication/presentation skills.
Expectations of a Sales Consulting Manager Leadership
- Leading a team of both sales consultants and Team Leads, and handling all team management responsibilities including hiring, training, coaching, team building, performance reviews and human resources matters.
- Team development â€" aligning individual goals with team goals to ensure optimal team performance.
- Manage teamwork and team/group dynamics of a remote staff.
- Regularly interacts with the Director of Sales Consulting to ensure deal strategy and alignment of resources are met.
- Maintains regular communication with the regional Director of Sales ensuring consistent strategies and objectives and interacting with the sales reps on deal assignment and resource allocation.
- Observe SC's during customer presentation for development and coaching
- Create external visibility of team accomplishments and needs
- Retrospective deal analysis to improve performance and quality of engagements
- Foster a culture that retains and develops Sales Consulting team members
Desired skills and experience
- Provide technical/functional leadership to the sales team in the presentation and positioning of Guidewire applications tailored to the needs of the customer
- Provides management advice within strategic accounts, leveraging a consultative approach with clients (and with peers)
- First point of contact for designated account reps for support in strategy development and resource assignments
- Provide Senior level support to select deals each quarter
- Monitor if teams are operating strategically and if SC priorities are aligned with regional goals
- Ensure sales process is being implemented on each deal.
- 10+ years of Sales Consulting (Pre-sales/Sales Engineering) experience in selling enterprise software applications
- Experience managing team of remote employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to attract, develop and retain talent
- Successful track record of accelerating business growth
- Must be able to present effectively in front of large groups, both technically and non-technically oriented
- Experience in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry â€" or proven ability as a subject matter expert in a similar vertical
- Ability to understand business process needs and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software
- Strong organization, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Possess experience with strategic planning and ability to work with/present to Senior/Executive Management
- Strong customer service, and conflict resolution skills
- Bachelor's degree
What sets Guidewire's team apart?
We prize clear, rational and collaborative communications plainly based on logic, total commitment to quality, and to making decisions based on factual evidence. Since a large portion of our team is dispersed throughout the world, your ability to communicate by written, oral and collaborative communications is required.
We live and operate by three basic principles. These are the same principles upon which Guidewire was founded and they remain at the heart of all we do today:
- We value integrity in everything that we do-- truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other.
- We are dedicated to rationality-- communicating through clear arguments, building excellent quality products, and making decisions carefully on the basis of factual evidence.
- We prize collegiality-- working together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy.
||United States, PA |
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services