Senior Sales Executive, DACH Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Supported by an effective Sales Operations and Marketing team the successful candidate will focus upon understanding the strategic objectives of clients and building meaningful relationships with business leaders within the target market.
Key activities for the Sales Director include:
- Proactive development of existing and new business customers in assigned territory.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers both technical and business focused within prospects and existing clients.
- Working with sales support functions maintain accurate records of contacts and prospects utilizing the Company's systems and procedures.
- Manage post-sale client relationships to maximize product extension sales to existing customers
- Lead and undertake Sales activities from initial contact until sale closure.
- Arrange and lead technical and functional presentations to clients, in conjunction with product experts and professional services.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of the Company's underlying technology, the range of existing products and consulting services.
- Prepare detailed quotations and proposals that fully meet client expectations, as well as minimizing risk to the company. Follow Company procedures for quotation review.
- Present regular detailed reports to Management regarding Sales and Marketing activities and success rates.
- Represent the Company at trade shows, conferences, industry meetings and other avenues to initiate sales of the Company's products
- Analyze competitor activities and provide feedback into marketing strategies and product development.
Required skills/experience include:
- Proven track record (approx. of 7 years) of selling complex core enterprise applications into an industry vertical (ideally General Insurance). Industry Verticals include Insurance, Banking, Telecom, Industrial, Pharmaceuticals, Retail, Finance/ Accounting.
- A high level of energy and commitment, proven ability to create and close opportunities within a defined territory.
- Interest and desire to learn about new business areas â€" the business of general insurers, such that they can engage in cogent face to face discussions with business leaders.
- Track record biased towards winning new name business, the role is 70% new business, 30% add-on sales
- Comfortable with complex sales with multiple decision makers / influencers.
- Proven ability to tie client business needs / plans to the solution proposed in a compelling manner.
- Be able to demonstrate a proactive nature, somebody who makes things happen â€" reluctant to take no for an answer.
- Somebody who thinks through the situation draws up a series of potential actions and then executes the best option.
- Understands the impact, benefits and cost structure to the customer of large core solution projects.
- Understanding of enterprise technology and the key challenges facing CIOs / CTOs at client firms.
- Be able to strike the right level of persistence at differing levels throughout a prospective client organization.
- Fit in comfortably into a team environment, the multi-facetted nature of the opportunities requires strong teamwork.
- Experience of working with strategic partners and system integrators.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services