Senior Scientist - Genetic Identity Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Involved in the scientific leadership of the company, i.e. management, mentoring, consensus building and/or act as technical expert in multiple areas of specialization. Apply scientific leadership to individual R&D Projects. Ability to execute and champion innovative research. Formulate an overall project strategy for experimental design in the context of experimental results and scientific literature.
1. Primary author for contributions to internal technical literature, abstracts, patents or journal articles.
2. Contribute to preparation or evaluation of patents.
3. Communicate problems, ideas and suggestions to appropriate person or group.
4. Direct others on a designated project.
5. Independently develop project plans and manage project timelines.
6. Recognized as scientific expert in multiple areas of specialization and provide scientific leadership.
7. Ability to suggest novel and innovative approaches.
8. Work at bench.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. BS degree in a scientific discipline with 12+ years post graduate experience.
2. MS degree in a scientific discipline with 6+ years post graduate experience.
3. PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 0-3 years post graduate experience preferably in an industrial research and/or development environment.
4. Professional experience as a DNA analyst in a forensic laboratory environment (preferably STR analysis).
5. Ability to cultivate internal and external relationships.
6. Demonstrated leadership skills.
7. Recognition as a scientific leader as exemplified by training, responsibilities and/or peer reviewed publications.
8. Good understanding of forensic customer needs.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
3. Ability to operate a computer.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED