Senior Software Design Engineer - Windows OpsCode
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description:
Opscode is building the best systems integration and automation platform on the planet. We are some of the most respected and well-known systems engineers, software developers, and systems architects in the world, who have built or designed web applications you use every day.
Opscode is seeking one uniquely talented senior software design engineer to bring Chef to the Windows platform and change the way configuration management on Windows is done. You should be an expert at both Windows and -nix systems, and very familiar with the Windows systems administration.
Software engineers at Opscode write high-volume web services, create and mine large datasets, and interact with the open source community. Come write lots of great code and help us change the industry.
We offer a competitive salary, equity, solid benefits, telecommuting, flextime, a variety of interesting projects, a downtown office on the bus line, and ridiculous co-workers.
- 5 years dynamic / scripting language programming, with background in C/C++ systems programming preferred.
- 2+ years experience in Systems Engineering / Administration with firm understanding of Windows architecture.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience), Engineering or related discipline highly recommended.
- Awesomeness trumps all other requirements.
- A firm understanding of -Nix architecture recommended.
- Expertise with TCP/IP, load balancing, reverse-proxies, production web scaling.
- Experience running production infrastructures for high-availability, high-volume web services.
- Experience with Windows technologies like WMI, Powershell, etc.
- Experience with distributed systems and programming language design is a plus.
||Seattle, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED