Senior Software Developer and Architect (Internal Tools) HubSpot
HubSpot is recruiting for a Senior Software Developer and Architect to join its Business Operations (BizOps) team. The BizOps team is responsible for architecting, designing, and building large scale business process management and financial management systems for HubSpot's customer-facing and back office functions. This spans supporting our rapidly growing sales, marketing, services, support, and finance teams. Since HubSpot is a highly iterative company that moves at a fast pace, we must have systems and tools that allow HubSpotters to experiment, change workflows and processes or create new ones in a very short time window but while ensuring a high degree of data integrity.
HubSpot's general IT direction is to leverage as many SaaS and Cloud based products as we can, and the BizOps team is essentially creating the most sophisticated but easy to use mash-ups of applications on the market to run our business. Our core applications are salesforce.com (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Data.com, and various core services), NetSuite, and various other SaaS applications with our own special integration sauce mixed in. The BizOps team has ownership of many of these key applications and ensures that they adapt to our evolving business, integrate with one another, and provide end users with easy to understand information that they need to do their jobs.
We are looking for a senior developer to design, build, and deliver mission-critical projects within these systems or new ones. Our systems have expanded to a point where refactoring is no longer sufficient. We need to look towards building the next generation of scalable, always on business systems so that our international operations can run smoothly 24x7.
Required experience and skills:
- Strong development experience specifically with salesforce.com; this includes understanding how to build custom applications on the force.com platform
- Strong experience with systems integration using restful APIs and SOAP including experience with data-transformations and reliability across multiple systems
- Prior design and development work in support of complex product pricing structures
- Experience with relational databases in data modeling and design and query languages
- Proficiency developing for financial systems to meet operational and reporting needs regarding billing, revenue management, subscription software, and professional services
- Effortless ability to communicate collaboratively with non-technical colleagues
- Ability to design solutions that meet business needs while also improving the user experience for internal customers
Day to day duties:
- You will design, develop, and test code within and around the salesforce.com ecosystem including APEX and Force.com code
- You will design, develop, and test code integrating salesforce.com, NetSuite and other back-office systems for large scale, high volume transactions
- You will build creative and sensible solutions to many problems, thereby increasing the reach and effectiveness of many of your fellow employees
- You will collaborate with Marketing, Sales Operations, Customer Operations and all other teams to build effective solutions that increase the efficiency of these functions
||Cambridge, MA |