Senior Software Development Engineer Revenue Science
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Software Development Engineer
AudienceScience is seeking a talented Senior Software Development Engineer to join our team. You'll work on an agile team in the big data arena, building the infrastructure to support AudienceScience Gateway, a global media buying platform using real-time bidding and behavioral targeting technologies. We currently handle upwards of 9 billion requests per day, aggregating all of this data on our Hadoop clusters. Distributed systems experience a big plus and Hadoop experience an even bigger plus.
- Work with Chief Architect to design and build scalable, efficient, distributed systems to meet business objectives following best practices for quality, testability and operability.
- Perform code reviews.
- Provide third-tier support for production systems.
- Work with development leadership and product management to evaluate new product and feature requests and recommend solutions.
- Provide mentorship to other developers.
- Stay current on state of the art technologies, and make recommendations for how these may be used to improve our systems.
- Play key role in recruiting and evaluating candidates for open positions.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Outstanding coding chops in Java.
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques and object oriented programming.
- Great design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and preference for working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- The ability to understand business issues, spot weak areas in requirements and work towards holistic solutions to big underlying business problems.
- Ability to work without a great deal of oversight, managing your own priorities and objectives when necessary.
- Drive to investigate new technologies and technical hurdles independently, and be able to clearly communicate your recommendations and solutions.
Nice to have:
- Experience building online Advertising platforms and services.
- Experience in distributed systems, database/repository technology, and multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with large-scale Hadoop clusters.
- Experience working on a small team where each team member has a lot of ownership and each individual can make a big impact.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent work experience and 10+ years practical development experience.
How To ApplyTo apply, please use the following link to submit your application: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED