Senior Software Engineer - Backend Twilio Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
About the job:
- We're seeking talented senior engineers to help build the best telecommunications API on the planet. We're hiring fast across our API, User Data, Phone Numbers, and Web teams.
- This is a senior role focused on building the best experience possible for Twilio's customers, from the core framework of Twilio's REST API to the web-based tools our customers use to manage their applications built on Twilio (and everything in between).
- Successful candidates will be strong back-end developers with experience shipping high-profile, user-facing products, working in large code bases, and engineering features for security, scalability & high availability.
- Successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate deep expertise in one or more of: HTTP, API design, REST, databases, data modeling, computational complexity, and service-oriented architectures.
- Work directly with product management to define, architect, and build new customer-facing features.
- Own, operate, and maintain your team's services in production.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems in distributed computing, HTTP, API design, and more.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment. What language? You name it, we got it: Java, Python, PHP.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in industry as a developer working on mission-critical, user-facing systems.
- Strong background in HTTP, distributed systems, and service-oriented architectures.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- You love shipping software fast and frequently.
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them.
- You have a favorite HTTP status code.
- The words "slave lag" strike terror in your heart, but you know how you might solve it.
- You've spent 4 hours figuring out which 4 characters are causing a bug, and didn't mind.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED