Senior Software Engineer - Backend Twilio
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
About the job:
- We're seeking talented senior engineers to help build the best telecommunications API on the planet. We're hiring fast across our API, User Data, Phone Numbers, and Web teams.
- This is a senior role focused on building the best experience possible for Twilio's customers, from the core framework of Twilio's REST API to the web-based tools our customers use to manage their applications built on Twilio (and everything in between).
- Successful candidates will be strong back-end developers with experience shipping high-profile, user-facing products, working in large code bases, and engineering features for security, scalability & high availability.
- Successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate deep expertise in one or more of: HTTP, API design, REST, databases, data modeling, computational complexity, and service-oriented architectures.
- Work directly with product management to define, architect, and build new customer-facing features.
- Own, operate, and maintain your team's services in production.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems in distributed computing, HTTP, API design, and more.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment. What language? You name it, we got it: Java, Python, PHP.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in industry as a developer working on mission-critical, user-facing systems.
- Strong background in HTTP, distributed systems, and service-oriented architectures.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- You love shipping software fast and frequently.
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them.
- You have a favorite HTTP status code.
- The words "slave lag" strike terror in your heart, but you know how you might solve it.
- You've spent 4 hours figuring out which 4 characters are causing a bug, and didn't mind.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Twilio powers the future of business communications. Enabling phones, VoIP, and messaging to be embedded into web, desktop, and mobile software.Self Funded All Jobs: at Twilio
|Headquarters:||645 Harrison Street|
San Francisco, CA 94107
|Company Profile:||Twilio is the developer platform for communications. With Twilio, developers and businesses make communications contextual by embedding voice, video, messaging and authentication directly into their software. We are re-inventing the communications market, taking it from its 150-year legacy in hardware to its future in software.
Twilio has more than 700,000 registered developers. Industry disruptors including Uber, Box and DocuSign and enterprises like Nordstrom, Coca-Cola, Walmart and Home Depot trust Twilio to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
Twilio is recognized as one of the 10 Fastest Growing Companies in San Francisco, one of The Bay Area's 10 Most InDemand Startups, and has over 400 employees with offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, New York City, Bogota, Tallinn, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.|
Support Twilio with Social Media services