Senior Software Engineer EnergyHub
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description
Help us build software that monitors and controls real devices (e.g., thermostats and home automation systems) in people's homes. Consumers love our products for their ease of use and ability to help save energy. Utilities rely on our software to lash together a virtual power plant that keeps the power grid up during the hottest parts of the day.
At EnergyHub, you will work on all aspects of our software platform, from scaling the back end, to building predictive analytics, to coding web and mobile applications. We're a small team, so everybody's opinion matters, and each person is given as much opportunity and responsibility as they can handle (and sometimes more).
In addition to solving all of the usual software problems (achieving high availability, dealing with lots of data, implementing web services efficiently, choosing the best JS and CSS technologies, etc.), we also deal with real physical devices, so you will be encouraged to learn about boot loaders, Z-Wave, how to conserve the battery of an embedded device, and much more.
Skills & Requirements
The ideal candidate:
- Is fluent in some (almost any!) modern programming language. Some experience with Java and/or Python is a plus.
- Knows their way around Linux or embedded systems because they like knowing how things work.
- Is an expert in how the internet works - HTTP; XMPP, WebSockets, and plain old sockets; security; efficient message encoding; etc.
- Has worked on a distributed, fault-tolerant, and large-scale system.
- Agrees that "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins is the perfect soundtrack for releases, even though releasing software is easier than flying a fighter jet.
EnergyHub, a growing subsidiary of Alarm.com, provides a cloud-hosted software platform for managing energy use in homes and small businesses. We sell through a variety of channels: thermostat manufacturers, electric utilities, and digital service providers. Together, our partners have sold hundreds of thousands of EnergyHub-powered devices, and we have our sights set on 1 million devices in the next few years.
As a team, we:
- Like the JVM, but love Python.
- Juggle data using the right tool for the job - SQL, NoSQL, and Pandas+SciPy+IPython. Fall asleep counting more than just sheep.
- Scale horizontally.
- Keep a clean house using dev tools such as git and Jenkins.
EnergyHub is located in the Old American Can Factory near the Gowanus Canal in Brooklyn, NY (right across the street from Whole Foods). We offers great benefits, including company-paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents; 401(k); stock options; a casual work environment; the flexibility to set your own schedule; a place to park your bike; delicious snacks; hydroponically grown tomatoes from an office window box; and cold beer.
To apply, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resum-.
- Why you're excited to work at EnergyHub.
- Some code. This can take the form of a link to any of your open source projects, your github/bitbucket username, a code sample, or an app you wrote.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
EnergyHub provides a cloud-hosted software platform for managing energy use in homes and small businesses. We sell through a variety of channels: thermostat OEMs, electric utilities, and digital service providers. Together, our partners have sold over 100,000 EnergyHub-powered devices, and we have our sights set on 1 million devices in the next few years. We've raised about 18M of venture capital, and we're based in Brooklyn, NY.
Shipping Product Investors: Physic Ventures All Jobs: at EnergyHub
|Headquarters:||232 Third St Suite C201|
Brooklyn, NY 11215
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|
|Company Profile:||We are always seeking the curious, collaborative, and creative
Our team of engineers, designers, and developers are also artists, cooks, writers, and DJs. We are curious, collaborative, and creative in and out of the work place. Whether discussing circuit board design during gourmet lunch club or stress-testing the latest Android app on an employee's new phone, we like to solve problems.
We also live our mission. Most of us cycle or take public transportation to work. We compost in our kitchen and employ eWaste programs for old electronics. We continue to look for ways to cut down waste, from the shop to the front desk.
Are you an amazing developer, engineer, biz dev guy/gal, designer, marketer, project manager, basket weaver or dolphin trainer with the energy and passion to succeed Send us your rsum We may not get back to you until an opportunity arises, but hey, that might be sooner than you think.|
Support EnergyHub with Social Media services