Senior Software Engineer Digital Signal
Job Description :
Digital Signal Corporation is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with expertise in designing web applications and User Interfaces (UI) for their Chantilly, VA location.
Digital Signal Corporation (DSC) is the technology startup opportunity you?ve been looking for. With the global landscape constantly evolving, our company stands out as an innovator in the facial recognition arena. We can do what no other company does?.combine precision 3d image processing with biometrics. Our technology works on the move?.uninhibited by minor obstacles such as aviator shades and baseball caps. Together, we can invent, design, and supply solutions to the commercial industry.
Put your creative talents to work developing and implementing user-centered UI designs for our precision 3d imaging products. Wow your customers with architectural and aesthetically pleasing web applications, designed with the user in mind.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will work closely with the product management team and development partners to develop and support product lines and customer integrations.
- Design user interfaces to meet architectural and aesthetic requirements for clients
- Rapid-prototype graphical user interfaces for product demonstrations, customer feedback and testing
- Set the technology course for the infrastructure behind our product?s user interfaces (UI).
- Advocate for the user and increase awareness about the importance of user-centered design.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team, and assist with non-user interface application layers when needed.
- Research and apply best business practices for the design and administration of databases.
SKills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or related field (MSCS highly desired).
- 5+ years experience in user interface design and application development.
- Skilled with multiple presentation layer technologies (e.g. GWT, JQuery, WPF, InterfaceBuilder)
- Inter-process communication protocols (e.g. AJAX, REST, JSON, XML)
- .NET 3.5/4.0, VS2010, C#, MySQL/PostgreSQL/MS SQL Server 2008, IIS
- Articulate about UI challenges, possible solutions, and preferred choices.
- Experience with either open source (preferably Python) or Microsoft-centric web application development, familiarity with both a strong plus
- Familiarity with and development experience with cloud services (Amazon EC2, Google App Engine, MS Azure)
- Experience migrating between different types of database technologies, e.g., migrating Oracle databases to SQL Server databases.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Service and SQL Server Integration Service.
- Experience with LAMP, Tomcat, JBoss, Java, and, server-side scripting (e.g. PHP, Perl)
- Comp TIA Security+ Certification, Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or Microsoft Certified Master (MCM) qualifications in MS SQL Server 2008
||Chantilly, VA |